Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger with Keen Chip / Stock exhaust makes 363whp and 426lbft

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
Great observations. I would pass those on to [MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION] and advice him of the spark plug re-gap difference on the RaceChip Tune (I think he is already running with re-gapped spark plugs)
If you look at the videos it definetly looks like they have appropriate cooling setup for the Stinger (I counted 4 fans).

If memory serves right, aren't you guys opening a new store in California too? This could be beneficial to you guys.
I would love to see some comparisons. Just allow me two comments:
  1. RaceChip-specific: Due to the spark plug issue, the default setting of our tuning is less agressive than usual. It can be improved by selecting the Race mode. However, if the spark plugs are re-gapped/replaced, we can increase the parameters even more. Our customer support will be glad to do this for you. So, the results will heavily depend on the conditions and the settings.
  2. My opinion in general: If you want reliable results, please use a dyno with proper cooling. Otherwise, the results won't be realistic. The ecu will lower the power automatically if the engine becomes too hot.
RaceChip if you guys want to overnight me a chip to test in race mode, I am willing to pay the shipping costs and will mail it right back.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
RaceChip if you guys want to overnight me a chip to test in race mode, I am willing to pay the shipping costs and will mail it right back.
Amazing....Thank you for doing this [MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION] the information you have gathered so far is of great help for the platform. It is also information that will prevail over time as new developments are made. I do hope [MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION] takes you up on the offer so we can finally have a fair and real life comparison of these box tunes.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
That's a very tight schedule. I'll do my best. I am currently in California, but have no stock with me. I wrote you a PM.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Subscribed for chip comparison results [rockon]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
That's a very tight schedule. I'll do my best. I am currently in California, but have no stock with me. I wrote you a PM.
I?m running the racechip black on my AWD 3.3 and after 2000 miles just started having misfires. I?ve ordered the m45iL plugs so I will be replacing when they arrive

Can customer service tap into my chip to maximize the tune after the plugs are replaced?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
I?m running the racechip black on my AWD 3.3 and after 2000 miles just started having misfires. I?ve ordered the m45iL plugs so I will be replacing when they arrive

Can customer service tap into my chip to maximize the tune after the plugs are replaced?
I am sorry to hear that. Which fuel and which setting were you using?

Yes, just contact support@racechip.com and tell them your order number and that you want to get a more aggressive setting, because you replaced your plugs.
Please give them a fews days time, because they are very busy at the moment.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I am sorry to hear that. Which fuel and which setting were you using?

Yes, just contact support@racechip.com and tell them your order number and that you want to get a more aggressive setting, because you replaced your plugs.
Please give them a fews days time, because they are very busy at the moment.
I run 94 octane and it misfires on race and sport if I stomp on it

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Thanks for the feedback. This is the first misfire with a RaceChip with 93 or 94 octane. Luckily, we reduced the aggressiveness of the settings for new deliveries after the first issue came up.
Though, we will discuss now internally whether we should recommend replacing (or re-gapping) the plugs in general.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
That?s interesting, keep us posted on how this gets resolved

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
That kind of threw a wrench on what Racechip was promising before.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
It was running great for about 2 weeks then last night I opened it up on the hwy and it started stuttering occasionally. Again today...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk