Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Sport Mode Not Shifting in D'

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GTLimited
Wonder if this is normal. When I flip in Sport, and drive quickly, the transmission takes very long, or doesn't, switch into a lower gear without me switching to paddle shift. Then, paddle shift needs to be in gear 7 or 8 to bring down the revs.

Not sure if this normal-sure doesn't feel like it. Anyone?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2017 3.3 GT
Hi DSpec1 it seems as though this transmission is very hard to get a handle on as to what type of behaviour it will exhibit. There seems to be a lot going on in the ecu to determine what it considers to be an appropriate time to shift. So I can't really say if your problem is normal as I don't think there is what you would call a "normal"

If you look through the Transmission and Drivetrain section of the forum you will see some other threads regarding transmission behaviour. While not explicitly talking about your issue it may highlight for you the quirky nature

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
That is normal. In sport mode it keeps the RPMs up after letting off the gas

K8AR

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
That's normal, the idea on keeping the RPM's higher at a lower gear is for better throttle response and quicker acceleration.