Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger GT - 2018 Hagerty Hot List of Future Collector Cars

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea

The Kia Stinger GT is South Korea's interpretation of a muscle car. It is also engineered to run with more expensive European exotics while providing a comfortable and refined driving environment. The base model receives a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four but the GT comes with a more powerful 3.3-liter turbocharged V6 that churns out 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft. of torque.

Truth be told, we would consider buying or leasing the Kia Stinger GT even if it weren't included on the Hagerty Hot List. This car offers lots of creature comforts for both the driver and passengers. It also helps that it looks the part as well. Kia has a real winner here.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Enough with the gt2!!!!!

On YouTube, in EVERY review, here in the forums, all we ever hear about is the 'hot rod' most expensive GT2. Enough already!!! Let;s really start seeing reviews, videos, owner comments about the 2.0 litre with the premium and tech packages. I have no need or desire to be racing around my city with 365 horses under the hood. So let's hear more about the upgraded 2.0. Yes,the GT2 is a great car at a great price. But we all don't need it.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
On YouTube, in EVERY review, here in the forums, all we ever hear about is the 'hot rod' most expensive GT2. Enough already!!! Let;s really start seeing reviews, videos, owner comments about the 2.0 litre with the premium and tech packages. I have no need or desire to be racing around my city with 365 horses under the hood. So let's hear more about the upgraded 2.0. Yes,the GT2 is a great car at a great price. But we all don't need it.
It's 100% true. Matter of fact focusing on the 2.0 would show just how good the gt's are. I own a 2.0 base awd and it's all anyone really needs and is well equipped. The 8 speed trans, with sport mode is all you really need. I merged from a stop 0-60 a few times on a highway and clocked 4-6 seconds times on a straight a-way. I wish there was more media on 2.0's. For those long term guys like myself buying vs leasing the 2.0 is a huge steal with rebates and a trade in. It's like getting a BMW in the 20's but no one sees that angle.

Funkorea

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I merged from a stop 0-60 a few times on a highway and clocked 4-6 seconds times on a straight a-way.
Appears the 2.0 owners have much more vivid imaginations, so they perhaps don't need as many online reviews, lol [:p]

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Hey Listen. lol Maybe it was 5.5- 6 seconds, the point is the stinger 2.0 & v6 are both solid cars and the 4cyl is all one needs if they can afford a stinger. For someone who's not leasing a stinger and worry their sacrificing power they're not is my point. In the very few reviews of the 2.0, they are often tested along side v6's and reporters write them off after driving the v6 first as being underpowered which is asinine. Everyone should test drive both in different drive modes and see what they need. If you order awd on every model you get features of the next model up for half the price is also a cost saving hack.

If your someone looking for a camero/mustang/bmw/rwd muscle car for a low price with a great warranty that's not in demand and your not leasing the 2.0 awd is a great bargain. Even those looking for a blank canvas to tune its' a good deal. History will show that the high pricing and 5 trim lines is what killed the stinger. The car should be 3 trim lines in the 30's and not 40 grand. They would be selling a lot more if people could afford them and mentally justify spending the money.

I have a buddy who owns a 2015 WRX VA and he said if he knew about the stinger being so good he would've waited and forgo buying the WRX for it. I told him with that trade in he prob get the GT2 no doubt. I respect the WRX but it's a kids car in comparison to a stinger. I think we're all the smartest car guys in the room haha

Funkorea

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hey Listen. lol Maybe it was 5.5- 6 seconds, the point is the stinger 2.0 & v6 are both solid cars and the 4cyl is all one needs if they can afford a stinger. For someone who's not leasing a stinger and worry their sacrificing power they're not is my point. In the very few reviews of the 2.0, they are often tested along side v6's and reporters write them off after driving the v6 first as being underpowered which is asinine. Everyone should test drive both in different drive modes and see what they need. If you order awd on every model you get features of the next model up for half the price is also a cost saving hack.

If your someone looking for a camero/mustang/bmw/rwd muscle car for a low price with a great warranty that's not in demand and your not leasing the 2.0 awd is a great bargain. Even those looking for a blank canvas to tune its' a good deal. History will show that the high pricing and 5 trim lines is what killed the stinger. The car should be 3 trim lines in the 30's and not 40 grand. They would be selling a lot more if people could afford them and mentally justify spending the money.

I have a buddy who owns a 2015 WRX VA and he said if he knew about the stinger being so good he would've waited and forgo buying the WRX for it. I told him with that trade in he prob get the GT2 no doubt. I respect the WRX but it's a kids car in comparison to a stinger. I think we're all the smartest car guys in the room haha
You're obviously very happy with your choice and the 4cyl works for you, that's great.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
If I had been thinking logically, the 2.0 Petrol would have been the engine to go for (let's ignore the UK Diesel option).
Most of my driving is on roads full of other cars, and 97% of the time the 2.0 would be enough.
But there are times when it's fun to annoy BMW 320d/Audi A4 2.0d drivers who think they've bought the ultimate driving machine, and the V6 does sound better [:D]

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
The 2.0 is the car there racing in the Continental series not the 3.3 which is a better choice but the 2.0 they have is pumping out 400+ HP at the rear wheels, that pretty damn good.