Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What kind of polish and wax products do you guys you on your car?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Figured we get a thread going for those detailing gurus to chime in on what's the best products to use in maintaining the paint.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
I absolutely love Reload from Car Pros.. it?s super easy to apply and it still beaded for 6 months on my Civic. The shine looks great too.

I used it in conjunction with CQuartz UK on my Camaro (Black). And it makes washing a breeze.

Attachments

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
+1 one Car Pro Reload, I use it at least once a month on my car and it's excellent at repelling dust and water.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
[MENTION=405]ihatecats78[/MENTION] Need more pics of both cars out on the street lol.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Just buyed R222 100% Carnauba Paste Wax

Lets see if this works out

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
CarPro (reload and pearl), Griots garage (polishing and cutting liquids, spray on wax and speed shine), Menzerna (polishing and cutting liquids).

Last edited:
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Figured we get a thread going for those detailing gurus to chime in on what's the best products to use in maintaining the paint.
I used Black Magic which also has it's own wash. Unfortunately it is no longer being made, so I need to find a suitable alternative in the U.S. I'm not familiar with the other brands suggested above.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
I had my car ceramic coated (CeramicPro). When I wash I use CarPro Reset (foam gun and mitt wash), then I use CarPro Hydrofoam (foam gun) behind that. Every couple of weeks I'll use CarPro Reload.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Turtle Wax ICE and Griot's Garage spray wax.

For washing I use the Optimum No Rinse Car Wash with wax.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
I have my car coated with gtechniq. My wife?s Tahoe was polished with menzerna fg400, then coated with menzerna powerlock sealant. Another excellent wax is Collinite 845. I like powerlock because it lasts 6 months, and you can use it on every part of your exterior, even the headlights and black trim. I even use it on rims. It also goes on and off easy and A little goes a looong way. Chemical guys jet seal also has some rave reviews but I have never used it.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Chemical Guys have a good reputation in Germany

Have bought some products from those for the Stinger.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Ask twenty people and you will get 20 answers. I'm a chemist, so you would think I would have a clue which is better, but all this is proprietary formula stuff and reviews are highly subjective. Silicone "waxes" (not really wax) are quicker and easier to apply and tend to last longer. I used Black Magic on my cars for years (product of Quaker State, no longer made) with good success because it also had its own wash product that didn't remove the wax. Carnuba is claimed to be a better shine, but doesn't last as long. My guess is that it also should be removed with a cleaner before being re-applied which is perhaps not worth the effort.

So my research continues, and I'll be watching this thread until my HiChroma Red arrives in March. Thanks for those of you who have contributed. Many of the products mentioned here are not available in my part of the world -- but Amazon is your friend.