Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Where do you see Stinger resale values in 2-3 years?

Sabs

Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 GT2 RWD Ceramic/Red
I'm curious to see what resale looks like, particularly on the top trim levels.

With my Optima SX, I expected resale to not be great. I'd say that held true at about 55% of its MSRP in 3 years, 35% in 6 years.

The Stinger should be popular with enthusiasts on the used market which certainly can have an impact, though it would be a first for Kia. To use Chevrolet as an example, a 3 year old Chevy SS looks to be around 65% of its MSRP compared to 50-55% for an Impala.

Prices may be hard to nail down until leases start ending. Where do you think we'll see Stinger values in 2-3 years?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Considering there are some used ones that have already lost 20% in value I'd be very happy if it's stays above 50% in three years.

OP
Sabs

Sabs

Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 GT2 RWD Ceramic/Red
Thread Starter #3
Figuring in negotiation off MSRP + $7000 dealer cash on lease buyouts last month, that put some at 20% off MSRP before TTL. I wonder if that's somewhat been factored into the used market.

Are you seeing CPO used Stingers at that price? Losing the warranty on a car this new would surely have a big impact on resale.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I'm sure the market will balance itself out one the incentives start to dry up. I think it's impossible to tell right now how the market will respond to this car, hopefully favorably.

Id be happy with 55 percent value at 3 years for my sunset yellow limited edition GT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
55-60% would be my guess. After the first two year I think the depreciation rate will slow down as there will be demand for this car.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I think they'll start at just under $30k CPO with average miles in 2-3 years. I think this is the next steal of the decade just like the Genesis. Not the G80, the "Hyundai" Genesis.

OP
Sabs

Sabs

Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 GT2 RWD Ceramic/Red
Thread Starter #7
I agree that the Genesis is a steal. Just sat in one but haven't had a chance to drive it yet. I was very impressed, especially as the 2015's get down nearer to $20k. I have a feeling the Stinger will hold its value a bit better since it's more on the performance than luxury side and it got such big media and auto journalist coverage. I'm thinking $30k for an '18 GT2, average miles, in late '20 or early '21.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I think they'll be in mid $20k for a GT2 in 3 years.