Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Which Oil Temperature in the LCD?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I don't know if it applies to all trim levels, but on the GT2 there is an "Oil Temperature" reading in the LCD screen between the gauges. That normally stabilizes at 200?F. The question is what oil temperature is that, engine oil or transmission oil? Both run in approximately the same ranges so stabilized temperature is not clue. I also know the transmission is cooled by engine coolant which can further blur the differences.

It would stand to reason that with the Launch Control that monitoring transmission temperatures would be more critical than engine oil since there is already the coolant gauge. Does anyone know for certain what "Oil Temperature" we are reading on that LCD readout?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's oil temperature, was sitting in the garage this morning watching the temperature go up at idle even without driving the car.