Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

All things Stinger, my name is Jose ask me anything

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
I dont frequesnt the forums as they mostly dead before but thought i should come by and share knowledge ans answer questions

For refenrence.....

I was the first in the US with the Jun BL EVC tyoe exhaust

I was one of the first with the Jun BL downpipes

I was one of the first to use the Lap3 Chip and one of the first to plow a plug and coil pack because of it

I was the test vehicle used by magnaflow to create the 3.3 magnaflow exhaust (thats my car in their promo vid)

I was the test vehicle for Injens upcoming intake for the 3.3

I was the first to have the JB4 unit from burger motorsports. I drove out to their location to test it out and make sure it worked. (its my car in their install intruction pictures)

I am currently testing out Keendesign Chip

I have Keendesign KD07 20" forged wheels

I have a meth kit installed

List of mods currently on the car are:
KeenDesign KD07 wheels
Snow Performance meth kit
Jun BL down pipes
Jun BL EVC type exhaust
M&S spoiler
The aftermarket place Carbon fiber hood vents and fender vents
Carbon fiber Mirror caps and fuel door
Eibach Lowering springs

If anyone has quesions, ask away. the most common one i get is usually about the exhaust systems

Currently have almost 17,000 miles on my stinger partly because i drove it cross country

My instagram is @kia_stinger_gt

And there is a youtube channel "StingerGT Channel"

Lastly Im not some random guy who drives a lot and get parts for his stinger. I have a close relationship with LAP3/PROSS and have for several years. With their products i built my Optima in my garage to 430WHP and held the record for a while until my friend beat it with his optima we built in my garage as well. HAve been driving and modding kia vehicles since 2002.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Are you experiencing any issues with over boosting? The guys at Tork MS mentioned the issue when they had installed down pipes and full exhaust.
Also do you have any input/updates on the development of the PROSS ECU flash for the Stinger?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thanks Jose for doing this. This guy knows his stuff.[twothumb]

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #4
Are you experiencing any issues with over boosting? The guys at Tork MS mentioned the issue when they had installed down pipes and full exhaust.
Also do you have any input/updates on the development of the PROSS ECU flash for the Stinger?
I havent had any overboost issues where power was cut. I know tork GOt rid of ALL cats so that may have been their real issue. As the ECU is seeing boost too high to be able to comensate for.

I did have a blown plug and coil pack by setting the chip at too high of a setting. Most people dont know this but the MAP sensor on the 3.3 and 2.0 is different and the settings on this chips affect actual boost slightly different .

DIRECT FROM THE SOURCE: ecu tune is almost complete. Very likely it will be offered as a drop on ECU with tune loaded on it. Which is awesome because stock ECU remains untouched for warranty reasons. And even with very basic vehicle knowledge a ECU can be swapped out in 5-15 minutes.

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #5
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Someone had asked in the past, but since you might have more clear info whats the stock motor and drive train good for in terms of HP?

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #7
Someone had asked in the past, but since you might have more clear info whats the stock motor and drive train good for in terms of HP?
What i have heard from 2 different sources is that the drive train is engineered to handle 800hp BUT BUT BUT if that is true it doesnt mean we are all going to drive around in 800hp stingers soon. It just means that the theoretical power the internals and driveline can sustain is 800. it would still requier proper tuning and BIGGER turbos as these little ones we have choke out at the top as it is.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
What?s the details on the Keen chip and how is it different from others that are already out there?

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Great thread idea, more info your meth kit

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hi Jose, I've been following your car on Instagram, great to know that you are on this forum too.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I'm not on instagram, can you post some pictures of your Stinger?

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
How much power do you think you currently put down?