Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Would you trade in your Kia Stinger for Genesis G70?

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Recently got a call from a Genesis salesman asking if I was still interested in the G70, he said they expect to get some allocation in a few months which got me thinking if I should trade in the Stinger for the G70. Anyone else contemplating the same idea?

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Recently got a call from a Genesis salesman asking if I was still interested in the G70, he said they expect to get some allocation in a few months which got me thinking if I should trade in the Stinger for the G70. Anyone else contemplating the same idea?

I think you'd lose a fortune on the trade personally. But if not, I'd have to drive it to say. Genesis has traditionally been less on the sporty side. If it's even slightly less sporty, I would not. If it's the same, I would, but only for the Genesis dealer experience. Personally I prefer the looks of the Stinger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Nope, I like the styling of the stinger better and also the wheel base is a bit longer on the Stinger as well. Meaning more leg room.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I prefer the look of the Stinger's exterior but the Genesis' interior.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I prefer the look of the Stinger's exterior but the Genesis' interior.
I'm with you on that.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I'd have to drive one first. I do like the extra features on the G70 though.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The front end doesn't do it for me. The Stinger looks way better.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I'm pretty intrigued by the G. I saw a review where they specifically stated it drives better than the Stinger, and we've already seen the drag races, so we know the G is also faster. It will also have more features and have all the Genesis luxury perks, like valet and free maintenance.

I had my heart set on an M3 next but the G is sounding pretty tempting so far...

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I guess a lot of this depends on what you want in the car. Based on the reviews, it seems the G70 is more sporty, less GT, but it's also a lot smaller. In my youth (pre-40), I would likely prefer a more sporty ride and less space. But right now, I definitely appreciate the comfortable ride of a GT car and the Stinger is more than sporty enough for me. Perhaps this also has to do with how well it soaks up pothole ridden roads in the DC metro area despite having 19" wheels.

I love the hatchback trunk, and the space it affords, and it has plenty space in the back. I wish I could get the G70 steering wheel though. That's the only component that to me really feels out of place in the Stinger, specifically that center part of it that looks like it comes from a Kia Forte at best.

Still, I'll go back to the subjectivity. To me, the Stinger is just much better looking. It's unique, and I've never had so many people stopping me to ask me what it is. Not that I like that part, but I love the looks, the size, and the comfort.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
I would keep the Stinger. The G70's interior looks almost exactly like the Stingers, although I do like the seats.

KDX

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I've driven both. There's nothing wrong with the Stinger, but I prefer the G70.