Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

MAY ONLY Stinger programs

Phil

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
This is the $1,000,000 question in the auto industry. LOL

Are MF's going up? Possibly. Is the rebate going down? I doubt it.

As for 2018's, Kia always stops production of the current year around May/June. Every model. Every year. The 2019's won't release and hit lots until Halloween at the earliest in my opinion.

While it appears to the general public that Stingers are not selling, for us dealers and for the factory, we're actually seeing an uptick in sales now that the warm weather and sunshine has settled in. LOL

All of that said, buy it when you're ready. Then and ONLY then. If you're not ready yet, then wait. If you were ready last week, then you've missed an amazing week of driving this beauty that you'll never get back! LMBO
I'm definitely ready! i'm glad to hear sales are improving. i was shocked at how few of my friends are aware of the stinger.

i wanted to do some homework on $$ before jumping on the dealers 1st offer. I'd love some insight on whats a fair price for what i'm considering...

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
greetings all,
i'm thinking about taking the plunge on a GT1. there are only a few days left in the month and could wait until June to pull the trigger. of course i understand they dont give out next months programs in advance. i'm curious for your opinions. i'm concerned about MF's going up again or lease money going down or both. on the other hand, 18's are collecting dust on the lots here in Florida and the 19's are right around the corner, in fact i read production is over on the 18's...any thoughts? move on it now? wait until next week? thx in advance
I'm not that familiar with Kia's regional programs (or if they even have them at all?). It appears Kia only has monthly bi-monthly national finance and incentive programs?... At least of the KMF promotional sheets, that's all I've ever seen.

I bring this up, because while the NE has finally thawed out and sales may be picking up back east overall, the Pacific NW, from my inventory checks, the Stinger is moving fairly slowly... Anywhere from 3-5 months sitting on lots in inventory.

This may be due to a lack of choice in the PacNW? I'm not ready until the fall/winter to purchase anyway, but all that we have available are AWD GT, GT1's and GT2's. We have zero RWD options in the entire region.

Whether this was due to a ? IMHO - decision by Kia Corporate to only ship AWD versions to the PacNW, or the few RWD options selling out early leaving no choice, I'm not sure. But they don't seem to be selling all that well out here. Many of my local dealers have been sitting on inventory for a long, long, time, thus my regional promotions question/thought?...

My best guess is the MF doesn't really move much, if at all, for most models, but the residuals will all slowly increase (making the lease figures slightly more affordable). I wouldn't be surprised to see Kia throw out a $399 GT1 Lease Promotion this summer (or something close too, with a $2,999 down game).

We shall see, but I don't see a lot of change now or in a few days overall. August into September is likely your best bet on seeing some real movement as the 2019's start to make their way ashore...

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
GT2 RWD $500 a month $0 down! [shakehands] Come on KIA!

-Matt

patnic517

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Good morning boys and girls and welcome to May!

The bad news is that my suspicions were right. They lowered incentives for the warm weather. They did this for two reasons, in my opinion. First because of production. Kia was expecting a 65/35 ratio of 2L to 3.3L because they thought people were going to shy away from a $50k Kia. Instead, the sales mix has been more along the lines of 40/60 with the 3.3L outselling the 2L. This means that there are extra 4cyl's out there.

The good news is that traffic on the Stinger has picked up very considerably in the last 15 days. So the second reason is because summer has finally arrived and the folks looking to enjoy a nice summer time ride are coming out.

Now, the initial reaction will be frustration because a number of you have expressed a belief that they're not selling and that Kia should just give them away. What needs to be remembered is that the decrease in incentives means stronger resale value and higher demand. It's a good thing in the long run. None of us want our cars looked at like a lesser brand or vehicle like many of our competitors that don't care about the image of their product and they customers. LOL

That said, here they are.

They DID throw out financing for 84 months for well qualified buyers! Enjoy!

-MurlinatoR
View attachment 872
View attachment 873
Man, I wish you sold cars in Michigan! You know what you are doing!

Reactions
PacNW strongly favors AWD in every make - bmw, audi, jeep, etc. This is subaru country. Mazda added AWD due to demand for it for regions like AWD. Same thing as Toyota did with the AWD prius. It would make sense most PacNW stingers are awd.