Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What's the best towel for drying car?

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Weather is getting warmer which means more car washes. Looking for some ideas on what's the best drying towel?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Natural chamois for me.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
2nd on the Micro Fiber waffle Weave from the rag company. Have been using those for a couple of years now with great results.

OP
Chi-Guy
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #8
Thanks everyone, just placed the order for some waffle towels.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Micro Blue
I wash my car at a self wash... They have an air dryer so i use it to try and minimize scratches... I aim the air dryer downwards while drying.. regardless id say scratches are not preventable lol.. A good deep detail every few month should help though to keep it in the best shape...

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
... but not from tiny scratches from particles of any kind in the air being blasted onto your paint - no way to win the argument either way, I don't think!
With touch drying, you are able to guarantee a 100 percent probability that you will scratch the car. Air drying keeps swirls and tiny micro scratches that are built upon the life of washing your vehicle and drying with towels. And you say there wasn't a way to win? I contest..

However, we all are protected by the Constitution which gives you the right to your opinion, as do I [cheers]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
If you water dry your car first the waffle weave and microfiber towels do a better job. By water dry, I mean take off the nozzle and let a smooth tube of water flow from the hose. Use that tube of water to sheet the beads of water off of the car (only works on a finish that beads water). This leaves behind much less water and allows you to dry with a single towel without getting fully saturated. Hope this helps.