Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Sales figures

KDX

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Has the demand dropped off? I haven't seen these cars flying out of the dealerships. Maybe auto sales are down with all the manufacturers?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
See below; according to Goodcarbadcar, in your fine country, they'd moved 314 as of April.
Down in the US, as of April, they sold 3920.

Attachments

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I don't think that KIA intended to sell a lot of these in the US. I did read elsewhere that the 4 cylinder models were selling ok but that the GT's (6 cylinder) wasn't selling well at all in the US. I don't know myself for certain, this is just what I read. I think as word gets out about the car and potential customers can get the car equipped with the features they want without having to deal with a limited quantity special edition(in the US), they may sell more. I don't know about anyone else on this site but I don't see ANY commercials at all on the Stinger. I saw a couple a while ago but I see absolutely none now. When I occasionally go to Australia, I see advertisements all over the place on the Stinger.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I don't think that KIA intended to sell a lot of these in the US. I did read elsewhere that the 4 cylinder models were selling ok but that the GT's (6 cylinder) wasn't selling well at all in the US. I don't know myself for certain, this is just what I read. I think as word gets out about the car and potential customers can get the car equipped with the features they want without having to deal with a limited quantity special edition(in the US), they may sell more. I don't know about anyone else on this site but I don't see ANY commercials at all on the Stinger. I saw a couple a while ago but I see absolutely none now. When I occasionally go to Australia, I see advertisements all over the place on the Stinger.
That is correct. Kia is only planning on selling 40k Stingers in the US. That will be one of our slower volume vehicles. As for configuration, the 2.0L is actually selling SLOWER than they had intended. They expected the mix to be in the range of 65%/35% toward the 4cyl and it has been closer to 45%/55%.

For advertising, Kia is HUGE in the US with marketing the sporting arena. You want to see a Kia commercial? Turn on hockey, golf, baseball, football, tennis, racing.... For Australia, they're in a more aggressive position. With Holden going away, Kia stands to be the ONLY player in a market that the folks down under really held high. Kia is pushing the Stinger hard to take the seat at the major void that was left.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
From what I can see driving by my dealer's lot, sales has gone down quite a bit. Still seeing the same cars parked out front.

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT1 AWD
Are Stingers competitive with the SUV craze?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Biggest Problem is Kia's dealer network. Kia in general just doesn't know how to sell the stingers because they really never ventured into that segment before. their leasing is awful and im sure financing is not much better. The only way for them to get leasing at a reasonable price was to offer the lease cash which makes lease and then immediate buyout a very good option for getting a stinger. However as it stands, dealer discounts dont tend to get overly aggressive. They had the gt2 rwd that i leased on the lot for roughly 10 months and they were reluctant to bring the price down any more than I negotiated via email. Luckily it was the end of the month at the end of the day so they brang it down to meet sales goals but man they did not want to budge for awhile.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
That is correct. Kia is only planning on selling 40k Stingers in the US. That will be one of our slower volume vehicles. As for configuration, the 2.0L is actually selling SLOWER than they had intended. They expected the mix to be in the range of 65%/35% toward the 4cyl and it has been closer to 45%/55%.

For advertising, Kia is HUGE in the US with marketing the sporting arena. You want to see a Kia commercial? Turn on hockey, golf, baseball, football, tennis, racing.... For Australia, they're in a more aggressive position. With Holden going away, Kia stands to be the ONLY player in a market that the folks down under really held high. Kia is pushing the Stinger hard to take the seat at the major void that was left.
I watch baseball all the time, I've yet to see a Stinger commercial. all commercials about the Sorento is what I see. Tons of Hyundai, Toyota and Nissan commercials