Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Rapid City got a Limited Edition?

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
No idea why they would send us one of these [screwy] but it's eye candy for me. I usually go check the stealership from time to time to see if they have sold any out of curiousity. Sold 2, got 2 more. The black on the 2.0 looks good, first time seeing one in person.

Dan

S 2.jpg
S 1.jpg

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
No idea why they would send us one of these [screwy] but it's eye candy for me. I usually go check the stealership from time to time to see if they have sold any out of curiousity. Sold 2, got 2 more. The black on the 2.0 looks good, first time seeing one in person.

Dan

View attachment 828
View attachment 829
If they just got it, then it was a dealer trade from another dealership.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What's the asking price on the SY?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I just checked, that vehicle is a GT2 AWD. MSRP of $52,300.

And they got it a couple of months ago. If you're just now seeing it, I'm guessing it was being demo'd by someone at the dealership.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #5
What's the asking price on the SY?
I didn't get out and check. There was a sales guy that I talked to in passing and said it's not marked above MSRP as MurlinatoR has verified.

I just checked, that vehicle is a GT2 AWD. MSRP of $52,300.

And they got it a couple of months ago. If you're just now seeing it, I'm guessing it was being demo'd by someone at the dealership.
I'll contest. The sales guy said he just got them. I'm hard-pressed to think he means a couple months ago. They have only had this car for, at most, two weeks. I drive by and through the lot every weekend to see if they sell. There is no way they have had this car for a couple months. The ONLY way I would have not saw the car is if it was inside the service department. I've been through the showroom floor and every spot you can think of besides the service center in the back. The SY as well as the black are new to the dealership which was verified by a sales rep.

Question for you then, what are you seeing that's saying it's been a couple months? Their first delivery, and only delivery before the SY and black (I'm in touch with a sales guy), was a base silver 2.0, blue GT AWD and a Hi Chroma Red GT2 AWD.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I didn't get out and check. There was a sales guy that I talked to in passing and said it's not marked above MSRP as MurlinatoR has verified.

I'll contest. The sales guy said he just got them. I'm hard-pressed to think he means a couple months ago. They have only had this car for, at most, two weeks. I drive by and through the lot every weekend to see if they sell. There is no way they have had this car for a couple months. The ONLY way I would have not saw the car is if it was inside the service department. I've been through the showroom floor and every spot you can think of besides the service center in the back. The SY as well as the black are new to the dealership which was verified by a sales rep.

Question for you then, what are you seeing that's saying it's been a couple months? Their first delivery, and only delivery before the SY and black (I'm in touch with a sales guy), was a base silver 2.0, blue GT AWD and a Hi Chroma Red GT2 AWD.
I pulled the invoice on the car. They received it early February. See for yourself as I've attached the invoice for the car.

Now, I am very aware that Billion Auto is very well known for "transferring" cars between stores. There is a chance that they had that car at another Billion store for the last couple of months.

Attachments

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger Premium
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] is the $48,213 true dealer cost? Any other holdbacks from Kia?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] is the $48,213 true dealer cost? Any other holdbacks from Kia?
No, true invoice is AFTER destination of $900, SO $49,113. The dealer might receive a little extra per car if they hit their monthly objective set by the factory but any side money is not really profit. It covers the dealers admin overhead like floorplan.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #10
I pulled the invoice on the car. They received it early February. See for yourself as I've attached the invoice for the car.

Now, I am very aware that Billion Auto is very well known for "transferring" cars between stores. There is a chance that they had that car at another Billion store for the last couple of months.
Definitely a transfer. Is there a way for you to see where it was before hand?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Definitely a transfer. Is there a way for you to see where it was before hand?
Yeah, the name on the invoice IS the originating dealer. So, I would guess that they sent it shortly after arrival to another Billion store and just recently returned it.

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #12
Yeah, the name on the invoice IS the originating dealer. So, I would guess that they sent it shortly after arrival to another Billion store and just recently returned it.
Makes sense. Hopefully it doesn't sit long like the other 2.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Blue GT2, Land Rover LR3, Subie BRZ
The yellow one has been around for a few months. It was inside the service area. I checked it out before I ordered my blue GT2 from Iowa.
Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #14
The yellow one has been around for a few months. It was inside the service area. I checked it out before I ordered my blue GT2 from Iowa.
A few months yes. Not when the original Red GT2, Blue GT1, or Silver Base got there back in late December.

BTW, saw you yesterday parked near Alex Johnson on Main St. Good looking car there, Rick [cheers] unless there is another blue GT with temp tags hanging around.... I think not.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
A few months yes. Not when the original Red GT2, Blue GT1, or Silver Base got there back in late December.

BTW, saw you yesterday parked near Alex Johnson on Main St. Good looking car there, Rick [cheers] unless there is another blue GT with temp tags hanging around.... I think not.
Haha, thanks! Yeah, I've love the lighter interior on the GT2 and the car is a beast. I've been trying to burn the all-seasons off of it!

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #16
Haha, thanks! Yeah, I've love the lighter interior on the GT2 and the car is a beast. I've been trying to burn the all-seasons off of it!

Lighter interior? Is it not black or red? I didn't creep that hard on it LOL

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lighter interior? Is it not black or red? I didn't creep that hard on it LOL
I ordered in a GT2 awd. They have the off white Napa Leather and all the other GT2 goodies. I hate darker interiors, so it was really important to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #18
I ordered in a GT2 awd. They have the off white Napa Leather and all the other GT2 goodies. I hate darker interiors, so it was really important to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Makes sense. There aren't many with that color combo so it's new to me. Regardless, good car choice!