Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New Kia Stinger carbon fiber steering wheel coming soon

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
This is the first development from SoCal Garage Works.

Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel. Fully customized to your specifications. They can be designed on our website with any color combination we offer. They use your oem air bag and controls. If you're interested in any of our wheels check out our website at socalgarageworks.com or if you have any questions please email us at socalgarageworks@gmail.com

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Beautiful. Will you be offering interior carbon parts?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
That doesn't look cheap.

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] I'm not selling it, just passing on the news of new products. Socal Garage is making those, you can contact them at socalgarageworks@gmail.com for pricing.[biggrin]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
That thing is sick!!!!

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
On their website it's $850 with a $150 rebate once you send in your steering wheel (minus the airbag and other stuff).

Quote from site:

"Core Exchange Policy, If you purchase at full price $850. Once you receive your new wheel you will ship your old wheel to us. Once it has been received by us we will then issue a $150 refund to your account. You must pick Core Exchange at checkout to get this option. If you don?t return your core within 2 weeks of receiving your new wheel then your deposit is forfeited and you will not be able to return your core to us for the $150 refund. *Please remove the air bag, all controls and parts prior to sending your core in for exchange."

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
On their website it's $850 with a $150 rebate once you send in your steering wheel (minus the airbag and other stuff).

Quote from site:

"Core Exchange Policy, If you purchase at full price $850. Once you receive your new wheel you will ship your old wheel to us. Once it has been received by us we will then issue a $150 refund to your account. You must pick Core Exchange at checkout to get this option. If you don?t return your core within 2 weeks of receiving your new wheel then your deposit is forfeited and you will not be able to return your core to us for the $150 refund. *Please remove the air bag, all controls and parts prior to sending your core in for exchange."

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
That?s really not THAT bad. Considering I was going to drop $400 on a d-cut wheel for my G8. This wheel would look sick in a Stinger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Updated pics for anyone interested

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I think it turned out very nice. If possible a straight shot showing the dashboard just to see how it blends in.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Agreed.

It does look great though.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Great item, but that blood red needs to go.

mzones

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
1999 Lexus GS 400
Does anyone know if there is a replacement part for the plastic center spoke of the steering wheel? Not necessarily carbon fiber, but just something that does not look so cheap as that glossy plastic. To me it is the only part of the wheel (and perhaps the whole interior) that really looks like it is from a lower end car. Also, I see it getting scratched up over time with no way to clean or buff it.

Even a matte or sandblasted version of the existing part would be better.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Have thought of getting it vinyl wrapped? it's not hard to remove it to have it done.