Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger 2.0 GDi Engine Up Close

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Kia Stinger 2.0 GDi Engine Up Close

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I had hope Kia would have added this engine to the Forte to compete against the Focus ST but sadly it never happened.

Euljiro1ga

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
I think it's the 3.3L twin turbo as shown in the photos. 2.0L has white lettering, only one air intake on the left side, and noticeably smaller size.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I think it's the 3.3L twin turbo as shown in the photos. 2.0L has white lettering, only one air intake on the left side, and noticeably smaller size.
Opps lol I uploaded the wrong photos. Corrected.

Euljiro1ga

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
Oh thank you. Wonderful photos.

I really like the yellow paint, suits the Stinger pretty well.

Engine looks a tat small in that engine bay, don't you think?

Still nicely positioned right on top of the front axle.

Robs

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Probably looks that way cos of the plastic engine cover which sticks up. Below that the turbo, exhaust and inlet manifolds would fill up the engine bay nicely! More bay space would also be good for a bigger turbo and plumbing perhaps

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Probably looks that way cos of the plastic engine cover which sticks up. Below that the turbo, exhaust and inlet manifolds would fill up the engine bay nicely! More bay space would also be good for a bigger turbo and plumbing perhaps
I agree bigger turbo should make that look good. But right now it does look small compared to the 3.3T lol.

Euljiro1ga

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
Might look even smaller if you take out the plastic engine cover. I'll take photos of the 2.0 engine without the cover once I get a hold of my stinger.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
Might look even smaller if you take out the plastic engine cover. I'll take photos of the 2.0 engine without the cover once I get a hold of my stinger.
Excellent can't wait to see what it looks like.