Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Coding for the Stinger, what can be coded??

JohnG7

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red GT2, 328i, harley
Hello All,
I'm sure there are some coders out there, but I see nor hear any mention of coding in KIAs. In the BMW world, there are many features that can be user set- if only they have a way. Coding is the way to tweak many settings, many the owners don't even know about.

It's not going to do any good for me to go into explaining coding here- my explanations would confuse things, there are many ways for you to learn about it (better and clearer than me).

Does anyone have any information on what is open to coding on our Stingers? Anyone know what software dealers use? Which OBD2 cables allow connecting to my KIA?

I'd love to see a thread with a database of what is allowed? What info do you have? TIA

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I did a lot of mods to my previous VWs using Ross-Tech software and an OBD2- USB cable. But the software is specific to VWs and Audis. I guess the question is whether there is Ross-tech type software somewhere out there for Kias...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
J

JohnG7

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red GT2, 328i, harley
Thread Starter #3
I did a lot of mods to my previous VWs using Ross-Tech software and an OBD2- USB cable. But the software is specific to VWs and Audis. I guess the question is whether there is Ross-tech type software somewhere out there for Kias...

Yep. I'm sure that question will soon have answers. These cars have so much tech, it all is new to me with KIAs.
There are several software packages for BMW coding, anyone know what KIA service uses? I have a few cables, but everything seems to be manufacturer specific for OBD work. My Foxwell hand scanner software is KIA/Hyundai in one, so there should be many similarities.

If you (or others) hear of anything I'd appreciate help. This will take a while to put together, maybe we (ALL) can start a running thread to keep up with what we find.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Great thread idea [MENTION=558]JohnG7[/MENTION]
[MENTION=565]Hungtran505[/MENTION] is a Kia Tech, hoping he might be able to shed some light on what Kia use to adjust settings.

OP
J

JohnG7

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Red GT2, 328i, harley
Thread Starter #5
Great thread idea [MENTION=558]JohnG7[/MENTION]
[MENTION=565]Hungtran505[/MENTION] is a Kia Tech, hoping he might be able to shed some light on what Kia use to adjust settings.
Thanks much, I sent a PM to Hungtran505 asking for any information that he maybe can help us with. Hopefully over the next few weeks, we can come up with some useful information. That's the plan anyway.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thanks much, I sent a PM to Hungtran505 asking for any information that he maybe can help us with. Hopefully over the next few weeks, we can come up with some useful information. That's the plan anyway.
Thanks for starting this thread JohnG7! With my Golf GTI and R, I was able to add many Audi features through coding...

Kkozi

Reactions
City
Prague
State
Non-US
Country
Czech Republic
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT 3.3 V6 2018
Is this thread dead? I would like to know if it's possible to code someting like bmw or audi... :)