Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Borla Exhaust for sale / or trade for stock exhaust?

Trader history for Sarge2070 (0)

Sarge2070

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I was an early adopter of the Borla Stinger Exhaust. I like the exhaust. It sounds excellent on acceleration and has a nice rumble as the car downshifts. But it is a bit loud in the cabin for my 55 year old taste as it turns out.

In any case when I installed the Borla Exhaust my Stock exhaust was recycled due to poor communication on my part. I was not able to get it back and it was sent out to be recycled.

So if anybody wants to do a straight up trade that would work /or if anybody has the stock mid pipe and stock mufflers and wants to part with them I am in the market for them...

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Man if only you lived in TX. Killer deal.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 HiChroma Red Stinger GT2 AWD
I was an early adopter of the Borla Stinger Exhaust. I like the exhaust. It sounds excellent on acceleration and has a nice rumble as the car downshifts. But it is a bit loud in the cabin for my 55 year old taste as it turns out.

In any case when I installed the Borla Exhaust my Stock exhaust was recycled due to poor communication on my part. I was not able to get it back and it was sent out to be recycled.

So if anybody wants to do a straight up trade that would work /or if anybody has the stock mid pipe and stock mufflers and wants to part with them I am in the market for them...
Minneapolis is only a 6 1/2 hour drive from my house, easily doable in a day... I'm very tempted to take you up on this offer. I've just never actually heard the Borla Exhaust in person.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
9 hour drive for me, very tempting too.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
Sarge, I sent you a PM also. If you didn't receive it, please let me know.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
[MENTION=691]Sarge2070[/MENTION] if you want something really quiet take a look at Magnaflow

[video=youtube;M2CrKUuv7tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2CrKUuv7tk[/video]

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
12 hour drive for me. Tempting.

OP
S

Sarge2070

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #9
I am kind of in a holding pattern for the moment... One of the guys on the other forum upped to send me his stock exhaust for free + me paying for shipping. After that arrives I am gonna be selling the Borla Exhaust. I am not sure what I am gonna ask for it yet. I checked and for an individual to ship the exhaust in the factory box to most places in the US is about $150. I unfortunately paid $1347 (including shipping) from Borla as an early adopter.

Now in terms of sound my opinion is this exhaust really shines on start up... idle... rapid acceleration is really cool and when slowing down in COMFORT or SPORT mode it makes a really nice rumble. It does have some mild resonance (drone) from about 1900-2200 RPM. At least to my ear it is mild... I may be kind of picky...my wife claims she can't hear it ( not sure she gets the concept tho or what to listen for) ... In my research it appears most, if not all mainstream after market exhausts have this to one extent or another in one RPM range or another. I also think a lot of the online sound clip reviews on You Tube are hard to evaluate completely because they are either doing stationary burps from idle or under really rapid acceleration which usually sounds great. In terms of catching cruising speed resonance it is really hard to notice or capture on video. Also people tend to throw those videos up right away when the systems have just been installed and people are excited about the increase in sound. The fact that they spent a boat load of money on something like this also influences their perception of the quality of the sound.

The bottom line is if you are looking for a quiet exhaust this is not the one you should consider. Just my 2 cents. I will post it when the stock exhaust gets put back on my car and I have the Borla Exhaust in the box ready to ship.

OP
S

Sarge2070

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #10
Thanks 3.3 Turbo4Me,

I am considering it. I was an early adopter for the Borla and I am in the process of getting my hands on a stock system for now. I am gonna switch back to stock for awhile. I want to hear what people have to say about the Magnaflow Exhaust before I look into it further. It looks like a logically laid out exhaust build with few visible restrictions and the clips do sound good. It is so damn subjective though... always kind of a crap shoot unless you can hear it in person.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks for the updates on this [MENTION=691]Sarge2070[/MENTION]. I got your PM's also, I'm not sure why it doesn't show them as being sent - bug w/ the forum software most likely. If you put it up on eBay, post the link in here. :D