Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

View Poll Results: 2.0L Stinger Premium vs base Stinger GT, which would you choose?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stinger Premium

9 25.00%
  • Stinger GT

27 75.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.0L Stinger Premium vs base Stinger GT, which would you choose?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi everyone,

First time poster here and in the market for a Stinger. Currently my dealer has a couple of base GT for the price of the Premium 2.0L Stinger and I've been debating if I should choose features over performance. Anyone here gone through the same dilemma? Which one did you end up choosing and why? Thanks.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmers View Post
    Hi everyone,

First time poster here and in the market for a Stinger. Currently my dealer has a couple of base GT for the price of the Premium 2.0L Stinger and I've been debating if I should choose features over performance. Anyone here gone through the same dilemma? Which one did you end up choosing and why? Thanks.
    I think it would help to know what's important to you and priority. I have the GT2, so take my response with a grain of salt. Personally I think a rear wheel drive with the 2.0l is damn quick and will be a pleasure to drive too.

So if I had to make this choice, I would test drive both to see, but then I'd go back and look at other factors. For example, to me, a great sound system is very important. I love music and do a lot of driving. I also really want the safety features. In my experience, they have saved my bacon in other cars, and they're very good in the Stinger. I love the active cruise control because I'm often in stop and go traffic, and it makes that so much more tolerable. I also love the heated/cooled seats, living in DC metro.

So ultimately it depends on what's important to you. I think you won't be disappointed with the 2l performance wise, and in day to day driving in the US, it's very difficult to use the admittedly very fun power of the GT.

Hope that helps
    T1

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's going to be your daily I would go for the 2.0. The options are what you will enjoy day after day. That being said I have the GT2 AWD so I am a bit biased. The options make the car what it is IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd go for the 2.0 premium with the tech pkg. THAT is a great loaded car, and fast enough and 10k under the gt2

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes
    Went with a base GT over a Stinger Premium.

I don't regret the decision, I test drove both (in AWD) and decided I wanted the performance.

The Base GT comes better equipped than the base Stinger. In my mind, the things I lost out in that I notice are the 8-inch navigation UVO, the Harmon Kardon speaker system, and the individual memory seats.

I personally think the 9 speaker system in the base GT is more than adequate and I have Android Auto, so I get all my needs taken care of that way. The only thing that I wish I had were the memory seats.

Other than that, I'm super glad I got the 3.3TT over the base four. I also like the black chrome accents on the car.

My .02 cents.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I test drove both, ended up with the GT. I'm really glad I made that decision because the extra power is so much fun.
    2018 Kia Stinger GT RWD

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Congrats!! Couldn't go wrong with either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast