Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

View Poll Results: 2.0L Stinger Premium vs base Stinger GT, which would you choose?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stinger Premium

9 25.00%
  • Stinger GT

27 75.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Tough choice, I would choose the GT but I'm probably biased as a GT owner lol.

Staff Team 70 Rep Points Stingin' Away's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    SD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'd go with the Premium. More options, features, and about $6k less than an entry-level GT. Not to mention the resale value will be a bit higher than a GT. Speed is fun and all but we all know about the Hayabusa Effect. If not, take a look >>> https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ffect-is-real/
    Joseph Airport Hyundai/Genesis
    1220 West National Rd
    Vandalia, OH 54377 "Buy From Ty"
    937-665-1777
    937-474-4521

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stingin' Away View Post
    I think I'd go with the Premium. More options, features, and about $6k less than an entry-level GT. Not to mention the resale value will be a bit higher than a GT. Speed is fun and all but we all know about the Hayabusa Effect. If not, take a look >>> https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ffect-is-real/
    While I don't think base GT resale will be that great, I think it'll fair about as well as a premium will. People are buying more GTs than they are 2.0T versions. I think the percentage was 45 - 55 percent as per another thread. (Or maybe it was the other way around).

Either way, the stinger over all was never meant to bust sales records, but I think they're selling more GTs than anticipated which means that customers are willing to spend way more money to get the GT. Also, the base GT is pretty well equipped, doesn't have the 8 inch system, 14 speakers, and individual memory seats like the premium does, but it also comes with almost everything else. The 8 inch wasn't enough to sway me away from the 3.3T engine.

This is just one man's opinion, however. I'm sure there are plenty of opposing ones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Medals
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is such a personal decision. It's really difficult to advise on unless we know what the OPs priorities are.

For me, maybe it's my age (45), which makes me more conservative, or the number of car accidents I've narrowly avoided because of others, but I wouldn't get a car in 2018 without the full safety features suite. The forward collision warning and braking, the lane departure, etc. If I had to pick between the 2.0 with that vs. The GT without, I'd pick the former every time. If there is a way to option the GT just with that feature set above the basics, I'd do that. Second is the sound system. But that's just me, and that's my point. Really depends on what's more important to a buyer.

On the safety nannies, I can tell you that there is now ample evidence that they save lives, and dramatically reduce the risk of accidents.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Staff Team 70 Rep Points Stingin' Away's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    SD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sinrule View Post
    While I don't think base GT resale will be that great, I think it'll fair about as well as a premium will. People are buying more GTs than they are 2.0T versions. I think the percentage was 45 - 55 percent as per another thread. (Or maybe it was the other way around).

Either way, the stinger over all was never meant to bust sales records, but I think they're selling more GTs than anticipated which means that customers are willing to spend way more money to get the GT. Also, the base GT is pretty well equipped, doesn't have the 8 inch system, 14 speakers, and individual memory seats like the premium does, but it also comes with almost everything else. The 8 inch wasn't enough to sway me away from the 3.3T engine.

This is just one man's opinion, however. I'm sure there are plenty of opposing ones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I like opinions that differ from mine. It gives different perspectives. For a car to start at $43k and not have Navigation or cooled seats is a bit off putting. There should have only been one or two GT trims. The "base" GT should have started at $38k and the GT1 should have been the top trim level topping out at $45k. That would put the Premium somewhere around $35k and the base at it's starting point at $32k.
    Joseph Airport Hyundai/Genesis
    1220 West National Rd
    Vandalia, OH 54377 "Buy From Ty"
    937-665-1777
    937-474-4521

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dealing with same delima yesterday went with GT over 4 banger it's unfortunate no sunroof available in GT base

36 Rep Points
    Medals
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm holding out for the 2.5 Premium.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast