Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Owners on lowered Stingers, how is your tire wear?

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Plan to lower my Stinger this summer, can owners who are driving on lowering springs or coilovers provide any feedback on tire wear?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Plan to lower my Stinger this summer, can owners who are driving on lowering springs or coilovers provide any feedback on tire wear?
Not good right now. I?m hoping they just did my alignment wrong. Taking it in Monday for them to fix it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Not good right now. I?m hoping they just did my alignment wrong. Taking it in Monday for them to fix it correctly.

How bad is it? Any pictures?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
This is why I have asked why no aftermarket suspension arms that allow us to adjust toe and camber. SPL does a decent job with aftermarket suspension arms. Perhaps if we starting writing them?

http://www.splparts.com/

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
[MENTION=551]Alpha_Sting1[/MENTION] take a look at this.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wow I see!! What springs are you lowered on [MENTION=787]Soccerstyle[/MENTION]? I'm more than 3 weeks and more than 1K milage and nothing like this man!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Wow I see!! What springs are you lowered on [MENTION=787]Soccerstyle[/MENTION]? I'm more than 3 weeks and more than 1K milage and nothing like this man!

Eibach. Thinking they just didn?t get the alignment right.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Eibach. Thinking they just didn?t get the alignment right.
Hhmmm that's strange man. Pro kit right?
I also have suspension problems now but of a different kind. Check my thread just posted in picture gallery ;(

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
This is why I have asked why no aftermarket suspension arms that allow us to adjust toe and camber. SPL does a decent job with aftermarket suspension arms. Perhaps if we starting writing them?

http://www.splparts.com/

Agreed, SPL makes really good quality stuff, maybe if we start a petition we may be able to get their attention. I will be down to get adjustable arms for Stinger from them.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Bro that's crazy, wasn't your suspension dealer installed?
Yes it was. So I know who does the install for the dealer and everything. He?s hooking me up and taking care of me. I have the spec sheet after the first alignment and it was right. The rear sprigs settled more then usual, or they didn?t drive it enough. He is going to make all customers come back after 300-500 miles to get realigned now.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Glad to hear they're making it right.

Yes it was. So I know who does the install for the dealer and everything. He?s hooking me up and taking care of me. I have the spec sheet after the first alignment and it was right. The rear sprigs settled more then usual, or they didn?t drive it enough. He is going to make all customers come back after 300-500 miles to get realigned now.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT

After 3 weeks of being lowered.

Thats just crazy only 3 weeks something had to be installed or tweaked when installed wow!!![facepalm][unbelieveable]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
I had the Eibach ProKit installed in January. 6000 miles since then. No noticeable unevenness in the tire wear. That photo is of a tire on a car that was slammed, like maybe lowered by 3" or more. Or maybe it's running on airbags. If you mod a car you can mess with it some but you mess with it too much and you run into problems.

1-2" max for lowering. Then do a 4 wheel alignment. If the specs can't be aligned, then you need linkage modification. When I get a chip for the motor I want 410 hp. Not more. It will cause other problems.

Keep it practical. Extreme mods cost extreme bucks!

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Ima call bs on that picture too. There is absolutely no way a mild spring drop would destroy tires like that in 3 weeks. Just look at that angle of wear, that's like 10+ degrees of negative camber. Id bet 20 bucks that's from one of those "stanced" cars.

This thread should be deleted.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Ima call bs on that picture too. There is absolutely no way a mild spring drop would destroy tires like that in 3 weeks. Just look at that angle of wear, that's like 10+ degrees of negative camber. Id bet 20 bucks that's from one of those "stanced" cars.

This thread should be deleted.
it could have been from a bad install and not just minor alignment issues.