Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Yay it arrived.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Replace the "g" with a "k" and it'll be the perfect troll car.[biggrin]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Nice. Don't forget to apply some silicone in the holes.

OP
reverend_tdeath
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #5
I was going to ask about that, I do have clear silicone -- as far as safest way to remove the previous kia badge without damaging the paint, I would presume a heatgun at a good distance? Also, in the oem packaging it came in, there is what appears to be an adhesive strip, is this to be used for application?

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
Heat gun and a fishing line should work. The adhesive strip is used as a guide to apply the emblem.

OP
reverend_tdeath
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #7
I have the kia emblem off, I'm weary of peoples recommendations to use goo-b-gone type solvents, what's the safest route for removing the remaining adhesive in your opinion?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I have the kia emblem off, I'm weary of peoples recommendations to use goo-b-gone type solvents, what's the safest route for removing the remaining adhesive in your opinion?
You can use WD-40 or 3M Adhesive Remover

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
goo gone will not damage your paint. That is the "easiest" to removed the left over adhesive.

Do not use wd-40 that will damage your clear coat.

OP
reverend_tdeath
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #10
Yea, I just found that out the hard way =\, goo-gone ruined my clearcoat on my optima as well though so I must be doing something wrong. Worse case scenario I can place the original badge back over the damage.

f0adb9511ea62c64bd4bc74b4f00ad0c385dd728-1.jpg

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Used my thumb to rub off the sticky stuff, took a while but came off easy enough. The clear silicone will be fine to fill the holes with.