Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia's BiModal Exhaust

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Just seem some videos of the installation of Kia's Australia own BiModal Exhaust.
Was really keen till i seen the dash pulled apart.
Was thinking Wouldnt it be easier too use the mode switch instead ripping the dash.

Regards
Saf

Attachments

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
It would be easier if it's just a simple on/off design, but the bi-modal system is supposed to seemingly integrate with the drive modes so it probably has modules that connect to the computer.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Wow!...that looks like a very labor intensive install. I will be happy with an ON/Off switch.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I would cry if I saw a tech tearing out my dash.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
That would make 2 of us GTex! I would cry as well if I saw my car like that....

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I prefer a switch than having it integrated. I am sure a switch can be used with the setup, also the exhaust design looks very similar to the JUN EVC. Need to know the piping diameter to see if it the same or larger than JUN EVC.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I would rather have it integrated myself like all manufacturers do that have these type of systems. Under 4000, valves closed for quiet and over 4000RPM, valves open automatically for louder sound. Sport mode they can be open all the time. Eco or comfort mode they can be closed all the time. Custom mode, program what you want. I think that's much nicer than having an aftermarket switch sticking out of the dash.

OP
A

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #8
Ive bitten the bullet and wallet and ordered kia unit. Going in on next Monday for its 3000km service and lung upgrage.
Hopefully jonny tigs cold air intake and intercooler gets delivered aswell. Didn't remain stock for Long.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Stinger gt
Hey how did the exhaust go and are you happy with it thanks Paul

OP
A

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #10
Hey Paul

Super happy. Just the right note under acceleration haven't noticed any drone. Kicks in about 2700rpm so while cruising you don't notice it till the foot goes down.
Puts the bark back into the bite.
Now just waiting on the arrival of my jonny tig cold air intskes and intercooler

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Stinger gt
Thanks heard one on idle and revving sounded good quoted 2800 installed is that about right I'm in VIC thanks

OP
A

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #12
In vic as well
I ended paying 2660
The sales rep did say they were putting up the price as it was labour intensive

noelnav

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
see table below for the bi-modal operation. [burnout]

Capture1.PNG

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Stinger gt
Which dealer did yours they might still do it for that price hopefully thanks

OP
A

AuStinger

Reactions
State
VI
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #15
dandeong Kia, ask for Naz, top sales rep

Regards
saf

basysmith

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Do you know anything about the system integration? Was there something they plugged into the back of the dash? Or was there a bit of soldering and dodgey wire splicing? I ask because I'd prefer an integrated too as appose to a dirty momentary switch hanging from somewhere.

Cheers,

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Do you know anything about the system integration? Was there something they plugged into the back of the dash? Or was there a bit of soldering and dodgey wire splicing? I ask because I'd prefer an integrated too as appose to a dirty momentary switch hanging from somewhere.

Cheers,
I remember someone shared a photo of the wire harness but I can't find where it is now. It doesn't look plug & play and will require some soldering/wire tapping.

basysmith

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
I remember someone shared a photo of the wire harness but I can't find where it is now. It doesn't look plug & play and will require some soldering/wire tapping.
Awesome! If you could share it if you come across it again.. I'd much appreciate it! I understand there's probably going to be some soldering and dash removal but for me it'd be worth it in the long run.

Cheers,

basysmith

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Anyone have any pictures or wiring diagrams of what they tap into for the bi-modal?