Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    KIA Addict
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    A jumper connected to a toggle switch would be a perfect solution. Great job discovering this hack @DesignDawg

21 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VegasStinger View Post
    A jumper connected to a toggle switch would be a perfect solution. Great job discovering this hack @DesignDawg
    Necessity is the mother of invention!
    And yeah, the toggle switch jumper wire thing is the thought behind my fused link solution...I just don't want to have to mount a switch somewhere. So I was thinking of using a fuse that way. Certainly not as flexible, though.

Hmm...I have a GT1, so I think I have a couple of blank buttons over by the gas door button? Perhaps something could go there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I found from another forum, some images of a stinger memory module that supposedly retains ISG, auto hold, as possibly seat warmer states in memory?
    There was no information there about where it was found, but I reverse Google image searched it and found http://delta75.tistory.com/m/1642

Site is in Korean, and it doesn't really look like it's an order page, but somebody mentioned something about $50. That's a little much for me, I think, but it does give pinouts for the switches! So that's helpful for jumper testing.
    Maybe someone will reach out and order a batch of these things or something? Lots of people seem interested.

As for me... At $50, I think I'll stick to my replace a button with a latching button idea.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subscribed for updates

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@DesignDawg based on example 106 at the very bottom. Would adding a jumper from Pin 17 to Pin 28 work?

21 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStinger View Post
    @DesignDawg based on example 106 at the very bottom. Would adding a jumper from Pin 17 to Pin 28 work?
    I'd be very very hesitant to say yes to this, because, having not pulled the thing out and looked at anything yet, I don't think that these wires are going to be directly connected to any kind of switching. There's likely going to be a circuit board with resistors and such, and we don't really know what the other pins in this connector are. The smartest thing to do here is to look at the board itself and figure out exactly what that switches doing in relation to these pins. You don't want to be feeding 12 volts into any piin to test on a low voltage circuit like this. Transistors and other types of components can be very very sensitive. What's safe about keeping the button held down is that the button being pushed is already a known safe state for this circuit.
    And one of the first things u did when I tested this was to see if there was any heat being generated at all by holding the button down. I haven't perceived any.
    If 12v was directly involved in the switching of this, there would also likely be a high value resistor involved, and you'd almost definitely feel that. And your button might melt.

In short: let's not test that, no.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Slightly O.T. here.

It is common knowledge that the amount of pressure on the brake pedal will determine if the ISG initiates or not. On my GT2, a light pedal pressure, just enough to keep the car from moving on all but a steep grade, is sufficient to prevent the ISG from activating. Fortunately for me, light brake pedal pressure is my habit, and my ISG seldom initiates when I forget to press the console button. I haven't crawled under the dash to count the switches or contacts on the brake pedal switch, but it seems reasonable that the brake lights and the ISG are on different switches, if not on different positions of the same switch. If the switches are different, it would be possible to re-adjust the ISG sensor switch so it would not activate the ISG under normal brake pedal pressure at stop lights. Just an idea ....
    '18 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD 19" HiChroma Red / Black Nappa
    '08 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L LS96
    '05 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 6-speed Bright Blue metallic / Blue leather
    '00 Pontiac GrandPrix GTP 3.8L (supercharged)
    '96 Pontiac TransAm 5.7L
    '93 Pontiac GrandAm Quad4 HO
    '89 Olds Calais International Quad4 HO
    Anything before that you don't want to know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast