Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

noob question about entering this race today

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
So the local strip here is having an event:

asdasdasf.jpg

My question, I am not sure what these numbers mean, the guy I talked to recommended I enter the 8.00 index, anyone know what these represent?

OP
reverend_tdeath
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #2
Nevermind, I didn't realize street cars were not allowed, there's no way I could hang with those indexes

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Indexes are basically your time down the track, 8.0 index is getting as close as possible to 8 seconds down the track without going faster. If you want to do index racing some tracks have a 11.5 index which are more suited for street cars.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
There is a note on that advert that states true street. Is that not street cars?

CptNut

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
I realize this thread is a little old but just in case this type of event comes up again... I'm pretty sure that is a 1/8 mile track not a 1/4 mile track. Your "average Joe" isn't going to own a vehicle that runs a 5.8 index in the 1/4 mile and if they did, the buy in would have to be a lot more than $75 to make it worth their time.

From most of the time slips I've seen for the Stinger GT, the 8.0 index would be perfect for it.