Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

integrating additional methods of interacting to kiastinger.org

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Howdy,

Not sure who the sysadmin is, but I was thinking it might be pretty cool to integrate say slack, or even better rocketchat(opensource) -- back in the day when I was a member of SOGI(supra owners group) we had an irc client integrated into the site so we could sit around and shoot the breeze, it was pretty neat. what does everyone think?

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
OP
reverend_tdeath
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #3
What's the underlying framework/content management system that takes care of the site and/or forums if there are two separate ones, or is the site content static? Should be able to just add it to the main menu or something pretty easily.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What's the underlying framework/content management system that takes care of the site and/or forums if there are two separate ones, or is the site content static? Should be able to just add it to the main menu or something pretty easily.
Sorry I meant integrating it better to the main forum page so that it gets more activity. I can definitely add a link at the top nav. Is that how the Supra forums did it was add a link to the chat page?

OP
reverend_tdeath
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #5
Yea, that is how they had done it, except it was an web based irc client, this situation is a bit different I see what you're saying. There are a few ways to go about integration

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks, added the link the submenu right below the top nav.

OP
reverend_tdeath
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #7
I like it, now we just need to hire a marketing crew to get the word out.