Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Lost a race against an Audi S4

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I'm pretty close to a Libertarian, but not quite. When others could be greatly effected by my actions - especially on the road - I draw lines. I wasn't always this way. In my youth I drove recklessly at times, and could have put others in danger, but I always justified how great a driver I was (I'm not the best, but I'm not half bad either).
1. Marriage. I was now responsible to someone else. That started to change how I drove.
2. Kids. Wow. Even when alone, I started realizing I needed to make much wiser decisions while driving.

At 47, it's a blessing I got through my youth, and I'm not driving 43 in a 55, hey I plan on getting a Stinger, right? ; ) I'm just a much wiser sage on the roads now-a-days.
====

Amen to that, I've had at least 40 citations since I attained my license at 16, nowadays with 3 daughters I do my best to keep it under control, but every now and then I still get that itch..

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
====

Amen to that, I've had at least 40 citations since I attained my license at 16, nowadays with 3 daughters I do my best to keep it under control, but every now and then I still get that itch..
Rock on! And while you are at it, can you possibly get any closer to the TX/OK boarder?! Hopefully it doesn't get as hot as Mc Allen, TX or places further south - melt those summer tires! ; )

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Rock on! And while you are at it, can you possibly get any closer to the TX/OK boarder?! Hopefully it doesn't get as hot as Mc Allen, TX or places further south - melt those summer tires! ; )
Haha, it's really strange that it's always colder in the winter here than farther south, yet much hotter in the summer.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
Okay, first of all, you shouldn't know how addictive heroin is! LOL!

Secondly, I'm a cheap skate, so if it costs too much it may - at best - be a one-time B-Day gift type of a situation... But I'll keep the heroin analogy in mind! ; )
Yeah, I have two friends who both have a seemingly similar "frugal" outlook on life. Both, at some point came up to myself and my wife (we both drive at HPDEs) and asked if they could come to the track with us one day "to watch and see what it's all about".

The "come to watch and see what it's all about" turned into "do you mind if I ride with you on the track" in both cases.

They both now own vehicles specifically purchased for focused track use!! One has modded his car to the point where it's no longer street legal, necessitating a purchase of a trailer and a tow vehicle to get it to and from the track! So much for frugality!!

Get it?

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Yeah, I have two friends who both have a seemingly similar "frugal" outlook on life. Both, at some point came up to myself and my wife (we both drive at HPDEs) and asked if they could come to the track with us one day "to watch and see what it's all about".

The "come to watch and see what it's all about" turned into "do you mind if I ride with you on the track" in both cases.

They both now own vehicles specifically purchased for focused track use!! One has modded his car to the point where it's no longer street legal, necessitating a purchase of a trailer and a tow vehicle to get it to and from the track! So much for frugality!!

Get it?
Wow. That's amazing. Well, your friends either:
A. Have money
B. Are willing to go into debt
or
C. All of the above. I'm guessing B, and this made sense for them. That's really cool.

As for me and my family? 3 kids, with scrambling to save for college funds for all of them, along with all types of 20 year-old home expenses coming up. Roof, new carpet, new fridge, on and on and on...

I'm just trying to figure out how to get INTO a GT Stinger... Ugh... And then last night I discover the GT does NOT have Electronically Controlled Suspension, only the GT1 and GT2 configurations. Ahhhh!!!

I'm gonna need to go test drive a GT1 (or 2), RWD vs the GT RWD, push it decently hard and see if I can even tell, and how it would help my drive...

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
Wow. That's amazing. Well, your friends either:
A. Have money
B. Are willing to go into debt
or
C. All of the above. I'm guessing B, and this made sense for them. That's really cool.

As for me and my family? 3 kids, with scrambling to save for college funds for all of them, along with all types of 20 year-old home expenses coming up. Roof, new carpet, new fridge, on and on and on...

I'm just trying to figure out how to get INTO a GT Stinger... Ugh... And then last night I discover the GT does NOT have Electronically Controlled Suspension, only the GT1 and GT2 configurations. Ahhhh!!!

I'm gonna need to go test drive a GT1 (or 2), RWD vs the GT RWD, push it decently hard and see if I can even tell, and how it would help my drive...
Already contemplating going into debt are we?? .....and so it begins!!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Already contemplating going into debt are we?? .....and so it begins!!
For a car, debt? Right now we have zero debt. Nodda... For a car, we max around $11k for a loan. We then pay it off in about 2-3 years and save. So yah, a small car loan at like .9% (free money basically), so yah. Small debt for the car.