Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Close and lucky encounter with a deer

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I was driving to work yesterday morning when the car in front of me narrowly missed hitting a deer crossing a pretty major road in Potomac MD. I slammed brakes, noticed that another deer was still on the right side of the road. It feels like it all happened in slow motion from there. I slowed down a lot as I broke, saw the deer seemingly assessing the situation, and then he crossed. I got down to just slow enough that he literally jumped onto my hood and right off again, continuing to cross the road despite my not yet being at a complete standstill.

The deer was uninjured, more importantly, so was I. I thought that must have made a huge dent in my hood, but it didn't. Two sets of 3" scratches in parallel to reflect the deer's front hooves only. The scratches buffed off.

I guess our hoods can handle some weight, and our brakes are insanely good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I was driving to work yesterday morning when the car in front of me narrowly missed hitting a deer crossing a pretty major road in Potomac MD. I slammed brakes, noticed that another deer was still on the right side of the road. It feels like it all happened in slow motion from there. I slowed down a lot as I broke, saw the deer seemingly assessing the situation, and then he crossed. I got down to just slow enough that he literally jumped onto my hood and right off again, continuing to cross the road despite my not yet being at a complete standstill.

The deer was uninjured, more importantly, so was I. I thought that must have made a huge dent in my hood, but it didn't. Two sets of 3" scratches in parallel to reflect the deer's front hooves only. The scratches buffed off.

Damn... sorry to hear that! Glad you?re safe though and your car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. For future reference, if there's no crease in the hood and paintless dent repair shop can pull out the dent.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Glad to hear you are ok. And yes the Brembo's are great!![rockon]

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Glad to hear it all ended well with no significant damages. We have a big deer problem out here in TX too. Whenever I'm driving at night I'll lay down on the horn along areas of the road where I can't see very clearly.