Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Gecko Racing Coilovers

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Here's a new affordable coilover kit for Kia Stinger if anyone interested going lower than the Eibach kit.

https://geckoracingusa.com/collections/kia/products/g-racing-coilover-for-17-18-kia-stinger
https://geckoracingusa.com/collections/kia/products/g-street-coilover-for-17-18-kia-stinger

24-way adjustable damping
Full body coilover sleeve for easy height and preload adjustments. Mono-tube design offers more strength with a larger valve for better damping control. Ideal spring rates for a firm but comfortable ride with street use.

• SAE9254 steels springs
  • Aluminum alloy upper mounts
  • Japanese NOK oil seal
  • Japanese KOYO bearing
  • French TOTAL rotary dedicated oil
  • long lasting Mono-tube shock design

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
That's a nice looking kit for less than $1k

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
^ Links no longer working, Stinger is not listed on the site anymore for some reason.

I have Eibachs on my RWD, it rides perfect but I am not too happy with the front height. It looks significantly higher than the back in my car for some reason, kinda feels like the car is always squatting. Anyways doing some research on coilovers and asked Gecko some questions, similar to the ones asked in the GRB thread. Price quoted by Gecko was less than $1k with the front adjustable camber plates including the shipping which is very good.

1st email,

1. Are the extended and collapsed lengths the same as stock?

no , after installation , will be lower than OEM , you can see my photos , about 1~1.5 fingers in wheel gap

2. What is the spring rates for the front and back, and do you provide custom spring rates?

spring rate is

Front 200mm , 8kg/mm
Rear 300mm , 7.5kg/mm

For stinger , we don't provide custom spring rate for rear , because its exclusive spring , sorry ,

Front can be 10 or 12 kg/mm

but our spring rate cooperate with damper setting , so no worry

3. What is the damping adjustability range. Ex. +/- 10%, +/- 30%, +/- 100%?

Compared to OEM +/- 50%

4. Is the adjustability range the same for compression as for rebound?

Yes , adjustment only for rebound , but no worry , bound with rebound same ratio about 1:3 (rebound / bound)

5. Is the external canister the remote reservoir for fluid displacement from the rod?

Sorry , we don't have remote reservoir for Stinger

6. How many damping settings are there for the front and back?

24 clicks adjustment for damper side

7. How do you adjust the damping setting?

you can see the photos , front and rear top side

8. At the softest damping setting will it still be harder than the stock damping?

Must harder than OEM , cause we are monotube design , we focus on controlling , different from OEM (twin-tube) design for comfortable only

But our damper can be adjustable , so you have a range can adjust them , also our customers feedback its good for daily use

9. How come there is no bushing on the rod?

I have no idea this question , may I have photos ?

10. How much higher and lower than stock can you adjust it front and back?

for lower only , yes , car height can be adjustable , about 1~2.5 fingers in wheel gap for adjustment range

11. Does the front camber plate make noise when in use?

Yes , maybe will have noise , so we don't have warranty for this issue for camber plates

12. What is the warranty?

Warranty:
1 year unlimited mileage warranty on the shock , rubber top mount, end links etc
Camber plates do not have warranty
Completely rebuildable and individual parts are available separately for purchase

2nd email,

1. In one of the picture you sent (attached), there is a green canister. What is it?

Its canceler , we don't have for it

2. Just to be clear, if I install your coilovers at the highest setting, it will still be lower than stock? If so, by how much (Kindly advise in measurement)

Yes , should lower than stock , but not very lower , about 30~45mm

3. Just to get an idea, at the softest damping setting, how much harder will it be than stock?

everyone's feeling is different , I am so sorry I have no idea how to explain how soft or hard

4. Most suspensions have a bushing in the rod, so that there is no metal to metal contact when the car bottoms out (check attached).

though we don't have rod , but no issue for installation and fitment , driving ^^

Below are the spring rates I was able to get from Eibach and Gecko,

OEM,
Front - 172 lbs/in - 3.07 kg/mm
Rear - 488 lbs/in - 8.7 kg/mm

Eibach,
Front - 205 lbs/in - 3.66 kg/mm <-Linear
Rear - 331/565 lbs/in - 5.91/10.09 <-Progressive

Gecko,
Front - 448 lbs/in - 8.00 kg/mm
Rear - 420 lbs/in - 7.50 kg/mm

Attachments

Last edited:

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Are these even good? Anyone here tried it?