Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger GT Intake, Cat-back Exhaust.

Trader history for Team_STILLEN (0)

Team_STILLEN

Vendor
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I know you've all been waiting on photos of the products we're releasing at the end of the month for the Stinger. I promise I'll post them as soon as I have them. In the meantime I just wanted to give some more information on the intake and exhaust in order to put to bed some of the rumors and questions that seem to be floating around. We started working on our intake and exhaust several months ago and undertook painstaking efforts to ensure the best sound, reliability, and horsepower gains. We went through dozens of prototypes for both the intake and exhaust before we settled on designs that met all the criteria we set out for ourselves when we began. The exhaust system required massive amounts of work to realize a full throaty, authoritative exhaust note with absolutely no drone or excessive noise, all while still producing an 18 horsepower gain at the wheels. The mufflers for this exhaust, like the mufflers for all our exhausts, are manufactured in-house. They are based on a muffler platform we've been using with great success for over 10 years, but we had to lengthen the internal tube and tweak the shape a bit to get the fit and sound we wanted. The intake will not be a true cold-air intake. It will use a FULLY ENCLOSED AIRBOX and produces a gain of 15 horsepower at the wheels. Please don't hesitate to post any other questions you have and I will do my best to answer them.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Thanks for the clarifications looking forward to more details

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Will the airbox come if different finishes?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
ETA on the FULLY ENCLOSED AIRBOX would be great.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Will there be an intake and exhaust available for the 2.0t too?

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
In for details

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Really happy to see you guys are putting a lot of R&D behind the product, can't wait to see the final results.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! I'm here to express interest as well.

DrDas

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
GT Limited Canada
Can't wait!

RevRange

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I literally cheered about the enclosed air box. Any chance the exhaust will have an available electronic valve control?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Interested in both exhaust and intake.

RevRange

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Is the filter oiled or dry and will there be a group buy?

OP
T

Team_STILLEN

Vendor
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #14
The intake will be offered with two filter options: K&N oiled filters or AEM dryflow filters. The exhaust will not incorporate electronic valves simply because it would move the price point too far above the competition.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
The intake will be offered with two filter options: K&N oiled filters or AEM dryflow filters. The exhaust will not incorporate electronic valves simply because it would move the price point too far above the competition.
Is there a price difference between dry vs oiled filters?

RevRange

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Can you post the dyno chart? I am curious to see at what RPM the peak power gain is at and if there is any low end losses

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
How long before the CAI is ready?

OP
T

Team_STILLEN

Vendor
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #18
So after some delays, we're finally approaching completion with our Kia Stinger intake and exhaust.

STILLEN Kia Stinger Cat-Back Exhaust Video w/Dyno Gains:

[video=youtube;Y0zt5ZYxlOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zt5ZYxlOI[/video]

We are currently looking at about 2-3 weeks before we release the intake and around 5-6 weeks before we release the exhaust. I will post more information here as soon as I have it. In the meantime, enjoy the video! We are also now taking pre-orders for our STILLEN front splitter and rear diffuser for the Stinger. Please visit the thread for more information.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
Video is unavailable>

karazyfoo

Reactions
State
CA