Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Do Kia dealers offer loaners for warranty work?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Sorry if this question was already asked before but can someone clarify if Kia dealers offer loaners?

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Mine does only on extended service. Typically not for oil changes.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Sorry if this question was already asked before but can someone clarify if Kia dealers offer loaners?
A majority of Kia dealers do have long term service loaners. These are typically used for VOS (vehicle out of service) situations.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
A majority of Kia dealers do have long term service loaners. These are typically used for VOS (vehicle out of service) situations.
That seems to be a dealer-optional perk, so you'd have to shop around to see if one dealer offers something more than another. Just another thing to calculate into total cost of ownership.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Would that be another Stinger, or something else?

[;)]

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Yes and yes.. I had a Forte loaner for my oil change and now I have a Cadenza for my warranty work.

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Both dealers around my area provide loaners with appointments.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
My dealer is happy to provide a loan car if requested beforehand

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Just dropped mine off for a few things (major and minor) and surprisingly ended up with a brand newish Cadenza, without even asking for a loaner. And this isn't even the dealer I bought from (I'll NEVER go back there). Color me surprised and pleased.

Brian B

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
What do I do to get a loaner from another Kia dealership ? I just droped my car off at the closest Kia dealership near me after the stinger Sputtered to a stop in the middle of the road. The KIA dealership (grand Kia) wasn't very helpful and there service department was closed so I couldn't get anything but a take a uber home from the manger. [V]

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Mine wanted to have me book 4 weeks ahead if I wanted a loaner (this was to replace the head unit for the fader issue). I was not impressed. After a call to Kia Premium Custer Care, a loaner suddenly became available two days later. It was a base model Kia Optima, but that?s fine. I don?t need anything special, just expect to get a loaner for major repairs (4 hours in this case) for a car I paid this kind of money for based on experience with similarly and lower priced cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Before I took my car in I requested a courtesy vehicle and was told it wouldn?t be a problem. They gave me a car off their used lot. That?s when I figured out that a 2015 optima turbo is not a car I would want. But hey, it was free

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Owners of Cadenzas, K900s and Stingers, get loaner vehicles in the US.

gregc

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo
Depends on the dealer, mostly.
I had my '18 GT2 in for head unit, headlight adjustment, and fixing hood latch - was told it would be 6-7 hours. When I made the appt I was offered a loaner.

Reminder call for the appt, no loaners. 1 service advisor said Kia doesn't give them enough loaners. Another service advisor admitted that the dealership is up to their eyeballs in 2.0 recalls and their entire fleet is out.

Kia corp said they should at least have an agreement with Enterprise for local rental, which dealer didn't do or offer. Kia corp did send me a box of chocolates tho.

The car is great, but I got better service with my 2011 Optima.

-Greg C

Reactions
City
Elmhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
KIA Stinger
Does anyone no the number to Kia corp?