Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger muffler delete sound

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Micro Blue
Looks great! Are you running the same exhaust setup or got something new?
Only difference now is I deleted the resonators also.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Just an update on my exhaust. Wasnt able to upload a video. But, you can check out the video I uploaded on my yotube channel??
[MENTION=885]Jays_stinger[/MENTION], you should be able to insert the link to the youtube video.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
[MENTION=863]pixeltim[/MENTION]
No. I just had them cut from the edge of the muffler and add new piping. Didn't add Y pips since there's no reason... So only 1 pipe on each end in the center

Perfect mod to for an aggressive sound not obnoxious either ????
Hey Jay, Did you by chance take any pics? I really want to get this done, I'd just like to know exactly what to tell them to do.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
All you need to let then know you want done is resonator and muffler deletes. Also, you dont need y-pipes the single piping theyll add is fine. (Theyll charge tou more for y pipes. Probably 40$ or more for each one.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I called a local shop and they said that some kits include an X or H-pipe, any thoughts on those?

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
I know this is the wrong forum, but does anyone know what this would sound like on a 2.0? That’s about my only complaint with this car... it’s too quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I know this is the wrong forum, but does anyone know what this would sound like on a 2.0? That’s about my only complaint with this car... it’s too quiet.

Should give you a nice rumble.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I purchased these off of Ebay. They're 4" tips with Carbon fiber covers. They're about 150$
Do these mount to the bumper since you don’t have y pipes? I’ve seen some on other threads but they clamp to the exhaust.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
My exhaust tips are single inlets... So it attaches to my single exhaust pipes it was clamped and welded .

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
My exhaust tips are single inlets... So it attaches to my single exhaust pipes it was clamped and welded .
Gotcha, so I take it yours are duals then, the other thread was looking at 4 singles for the stock exhaust. Did you have to shave down the holes in the bumper at all to get them to fit?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Gotcha, so I take it yours are duals then, the other thread was looking at 4 singles for the stock exhaust. Did you have to shave down the holes in the bumper at all to get them to fit?
Yes dual tips on each side. Yes, I shaved the inside of the bumper and a straight cut so they could fit without any issues.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Screenshot_20190204-185620_Gallery.jpg

Thata how I cut my bumper. Red outline.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Yes, I noticed a bit more drone. It's fine while cruising. I hear it more when I start pressing on the throttle.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Yes, I noticed a bit more drone. It's fine while cruising. I hear it more when I start pressing on the throttle.
Do you think the added sound is worth the extra drone?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
For my preference yes. Way better sound than just a muffler delete. I can live with the drone it has.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Mine are a bit smaller so I only had to dremel a small portion on the top and bottom without cutting through the entire bumper
Il post a full rear picture soon. I just had to wash the car since it was so dirty
0B9CC1C2-0996-406A-9C94-C144B2C87BC9.jpg
97AEE748-D321-495E-8980-30CBCD4CEEE6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Mine are a bit smaller so I only had to dremel a small portion on the top and bottom without cutting through the entire bumper
Il post a full rear picture soon. I just had to wash the car since it was so dirty
View attachment 2063
What size tips are those? And did you order from aliexpress?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
51 mm inlet x 89mm outlet. Smallest size they carry but its just right. Ordered through DHGate which is basically the same principal