Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Punted on the Stinger...

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Camaro RS, 2014 Corvette, 2009
Whelp... I punted on a Stinger. There was just too much value in this highly discounted leftover 335HP V6 RS 2017 Camaro(with a stick) to buck up for a Stinger GT. This was $21,408 before TTL nicely optioned.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Congrats. That's a hard deal to pass up.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Whelp... I punted on a Stinger. There was just too much value in this highly discounted leftover 335HP V6 RS 2017 Camaro(with a stick) to buck up for a Stinger GT. This was $21,408 before TTL nicely optioned.

$21k is a steal. Looks good. With either car, you would?ve enjoyed it. Win-win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
$21k is a steal. Looks good. With either car, you would?ve enjoyed it. Win-win

That?s a nice Camero, it stands out more than most I see, nice price too! Congrats! ...[wants to race you]

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
but no awd. need awd. where'd you get it and why was it still sitting around. great looking.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Nice!! If I could get away with a 2 door and no AWD I may have punted as well... Nah... who am I kidding, I?d go with the Stinger all the way! But congrats all the same .

OP
tripowergto
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
but no awd. need awd. where'd you get it and why was it still sitting around. great looking.
I grew up in the snowy Pocono Mtns and learned how to get by just fine with RWD with dedicated modern snow tires so no need for AWD for me. Car was in Gettysburg PA. Sat for over 600 days for no apparent reason thus a fire sale at $12,167 off MSRP. It ROCKS!!

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Silver Kia Stinger GT
Congrats [MENTION=33]tripowergto[/MENTION], I really like the looks of the current gen Camaro. Maybe in a few years you can pick up a used Stinger.

OP
tripowergto
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9
Congrats [MENTION=33]tripowergto[/MENTION], I really like the looks of the current gen Camaro. Maybe in a few years you can pick up a used Stinger.
That is the new plan. I'll replace my beloved, yet aging Pontiac G8 GT with a used Stinger GT once the newness fades and pricing stabilizes.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
I grew up in the snowy Pocono Mtns and learned how to get by just fine with RWD with dedicated modern snow tires so no need for AWD for me. Car was in Gettysburg PA. Sat for over 600 days for no apparent reason thus a fire sale at $12,167 off MSRP. It ROCKS!!

No offense but it sat around cause it?s a V6 Camaro and not a V8. Nice price, that?s a steal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
tripowergto
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #11
No offense but it sat around cause it's a V6 Camaro and not a V8. Nice price, that's a steal!

Ummmm... the Kia Stinger I was also considering is also a V6!!

V8 Camaro's cost $8500 above the more than capable 335HP V6. I already have the 460HP V8 in my Vette and 361HP V8 in my G8 GT so I'm certain I have all my bases covered, lol.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Ummmm... the Kia Stinger I was also considering is also a V6!!

V8 Camaro's cost $8500 above the more than capable 335HP V6. I already have the 460HP V8 in my Vette and 361HP V8 in my G8 GT so I'm certain I have all my bases covered, lol.
Really the Stinger GT is a V6? It?s like I don?t own one......all I stated is why it sat, not bashing the car or you. Calm down Sally. I live in the Metro Detroit area, 4 and 6 cylinder Camaros don?t sell here at all. I could care less what other cars you own.

OP
tripowergto
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #13
Really the Stinger GT is a V6? It's like I don't own one......all I stated is why it sat, not bashing the car or you. Calm down Sally. I live in the Metro Detroit area, 4 and 6 cylinder Camaros don't sell here at all. I could care less what other cars you own.

The point is... I was shopping RWD V6 Stinger's and ended up with a highly discounted RWD V6 Camaro. Being able to purchase a stick was just icing on the cake. The current Camaro isn't selling all that well in any format as I feel GM overpriced them out of the gate, but it is a fast, comfortable, excellent handling coupe. Stinger sales will also benefit once pricing comes down a bit. ENJOY your Stinger!

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
The point is... I was shopping RWD V6 Stinger's and ended up with a highly discounted RWD V6 Camaro. Being able to purchase a stick was just icing on the cake. The current Camaro isn't selling all that well in any format as I feel GM overpriced them out of the gate, but it is a fast, comfortable, excellent handling coupe. Stinger sales will also benefit once pricing comes down a bit. ENJOY your Stinger!
It?s all good, the Camaro is a nice car. I have nothing against it or you at all. 335hp is plenty quick. I have 3 kids so it?s not on my radar as a daily. Enjoy the new ride and the great deal!!

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
If I had a c7 vette and a g8gt I would be in the market for a nice used 4Runner or maybe a new JL rubicon! I just drove a 2ss camaro and it was like sitting in a bathtub, I couldn?t see $h|t out of that thing. I decided right there to get a 2 year old vette, 18 mustang, or maybe a stinger GT1. I will say the camaro does handle well though, sits on the road nice.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
That is the new plan. I'll replace my beloved, yet aging Pontiac G8 GT with a used Stinger GT once the newness fades and pricing stabilizes.

The G8?s are hard to come by. If finances allow, keep it.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
The G8?s are hard to come by. If finances allow, keep it.
Mine was red, 200,000 perfect no-repair miles. Would have kept it but needed the garage space for my micro-blue GTO and the GT2. Tears for that fantastic car. A GM mechanic bought it so I know it will be appreciated and in good hands. [bigcry]

OP
tripowergto
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #18
If I had a c7 vette and a g8gt I would be in the market for a nice used 4Runner or maybe a new JL rubicon! I just drove a 2ss camaro and it was like sitting in a bathtub, I couldn?t see $h|t out of that thing. I decided right there to get a 2 year old vette, 18 mustang, or maybe a stinger GT1. I will say the camaro does handle well though, sits on the road nice.
I live in rural PA but still have no real need or desire for a 4x4. I'd rather have an extra performance car. Our G8 GT does fabulous in the snow with dedicated modern snow tires and it's a hoot to drive in the slop!!

The Camaro handles like it's on rails. You get used to the visibility issues fairly quickly just using your mirrors plus it has a back up camera.

BULGOgGT

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3 2009 G8 GT 2007 C6
I passed up a used White 2018 Camaro 1SS last month at Porter Chevy in Delaware that had under 100 miles on the odo for $32,999![goofydrunk]

G8 GT's, G8 GXP's and Chevy SS's are the move![raceflag]

OP
tripowergto
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #20
Mine was red, 200,000 perfect no-repair miles. Would have kept it but needed the garage space for my micro-blue GTO and the GT2. Tears for that fantastic car. A GM mechanic bought it so I know it will be appreciated and in good hands. [bigcry]
We were also Pontiac enthusiasts until they killed off our favorite brand thus we're keeping our G8 GT forever. Our 2002 Formula was our first brand new car. It currently has 72K miles and will also stay within our household until we're gone.