Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Could Receive New Performance Variants To Keep It Fresh

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
I guess we should expect a lot more options, refreshes and even a "performance" Stinger in the upcoming years.[biggrin]

From this article https://www.carscoops.com/2018/04/kia-stinger-receive-new-variants-keep-fresh/

The Kia Stinger has attracted a lot of attention to the brand and the company obviously wants to keep that momentum going.

Kia North America product planner Orth Hendrick confirmed the company is looking into different versions of the car as the reaction has been "phenomenal." He went on to say the model has convinced a lot of people to move up from the Optima and he thinks there "might be other opportunities down the road."

There's no word on what those opportunities could be but it might be awhile before anything materializes. As Hendrick explained, the car recently went on to sale so "we'll probably wait for a while to get some data in and see what the reaction will be."

Since the Stinger is a bit of a mainstream halo vehicle, Kia will give it timely updates to keep the car fresh and on customer's shopping list. According to Hendrick, Kia will be "very aggressive" about the Stinger's lifecycle as "You have to keep the car going with powertrain variants and other stuff coming down the road." This seems to suggest the company will roll out continuous updates and possibly a handful of special editions or performance variants.

Speaking of special editions, Kia didn't waste anytime as it introduced the Stinger Atlantica last month. Described as a European-inspired model, the car has a unique exterior with special paint and 19-inch alloy wheels. The special edition also boasts Espresso Brown Nappa leather upholstery, a suede-like headliner and additional equipment such as heated rear seats.

Unfortunately fans hoping for additional body styles, such as a Stinger coupe, are probably out of luck. As we reported a few months ago, Kia doesn't have any intentions to create Stinger sub-brand or anything too drastic.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I would love to see a performance version of the Stinger.

BULGOgGT

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3 2009 G8 GT 2007 C6
Competition is good! Genesis G80/G70 eat your heart out![driving]