Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who allows dealers to do complimentary car washes on Stinger?

Who allows dealers to do complimentary car washes on Stinger?

• Yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Mops

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I've always turned it down because I think dealers run it through a dirty car wash. However recently I've noticed that my dealer hand washes the cars out back.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I've always turned it down because I think dealers run it through a dirty car wash. However recently I've noticed that my dealer hand washes the cars out back.
I don?t allow them too, I feel the same, I personally wash mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Nope, I've always declined.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Always declined...I always tell them no thanks but I'll gladly let them vacuum it.

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Sometimes I'll let them do a quick wash when I know its going to rain again soon.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I don't know if my dealer offers car washes it but if its complimentary I'll use it.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I have always hand-washed my own cars for decades. My 13-year old GTO looks like new. If you rely on pressure washers you will leave dirt on the surface and end up having to clay bar the car before you wax it. I use the same car wash liquid soap as my wax (just McGuire's Gold Class) using a soft lamb's wool mitt, then strip beads off with a chamois and dry with a microfiber towel. Nothing better, nothing less.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I've always prefer to wash my own car.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
At the risk of repeating myself, I have not used a commercial car wash (or dealer) once the car is PDI'd and I take ownership. I am fortunate that I have the ability to wash my own vehicles at home. I use the same car wash soap that is made by the brand of wax I use (currently McGuire's Gold Class carnuba/polymer), use a soft lamb's wool mitt with the soap, rinse, strip beads off horizontal surfaces with a chamois and then dry with a microfiber towel to eliminate water spots. I don't wash in the sun or windy days because the tap water is high in calcium carbonates which will dry and water spot if you don't get it dried first. By using a mitt, I avoid the buildup of pollutants on the surface and rarely, if ever, need to clay bar before waxing unless I encounter tree sap somewhere.

MarkZ

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT Sport 3.3V6
I voted no.

Dealer grooming focuses on quick as they are usually overworked. Some are careful but most just don't have the time to spend doing it right.

My brother is a detailer for a dealership and when I hear how they work it makes me cringe. But I'm pretty fussy.

The general public most of whom have never been exposed to professional detailing are happy to have the dealer wash their car as it usually comes back better than it went in.

I just picked up my Stinger on Saturday and requested that the dealer not groom the car just remove the protective films etc.

I have been using glazes, sealants and wax on our other cars but I'm researching ceramic coatings now while the Stinger sits in the garage waiting!

Hopefully have on the road soon.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm a NO to, I have yet to wash my car an I've had it for two months. Being that I live in Arizona I don't have to worry about road grime, all's I use is McGuire's detail spray and wipe it off. I don't have the dealer vacuum my car either. When I do take my car to a dealer I tell them, NO one gets in my car that is dirty, smells like gear oil or engine oil and has dirty hands, plus don't leave the door open inside your shop. I don't want the smell of your shop inside my car. [:D]