Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who allows dealers to do complimentary car washes on Stinger?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 27.27%
  • No

12 54.55%
  • Sometimes

4 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've always prefer to wash my own car.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the risk of repeating myself, I have not used a commercial car wash (or dealer) once the car is PDI'd and I take ownership. I am fortunate that I have the ability to wash my own vehicles at home. I use the same car wash soap that is made by the brand of wax I use (currently McGuire's Gold Class carnuba/polymer), use a soft lamb's wool mitt with the soap, rinse, strip beads off horizontal surfaces with a chamois and then dry with a microfiber towel to eliminate water spots. I don't wash in the sun or windy days because the tap water is high in calcium carbonates which will dry and water spot if you don't get it dried first. By using a mitt, I avoid the buildup of pollutants on the surface and rarely, if ever, need to clay bar before waxing unless I encounter tree sap somewhere.
    '18 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD 19" HiChroma Red / Black Nappa
    '08 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L LS96
    '05 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 6-speed Bright Blue metallic / Blue leather
    '00 Pontiac GrandPrix GTP 3.8L (supercharged)
    '96 Pontiac TransAm 5.7L
    '93 Pontiac GrandAm Quad4 HO
    '89 Olds Calais International Quad4 HO
    Anything before that you don't want to know

Medals
    Made First Post  
    Country
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted no.

Dealer grooming focuses on quick as they are usually overworked. Some are careful but most just don't have the time to spend doing it right.

My brother is a detailer for a dealership and when I hear how they work it makes me cringe. But I'm pretty fussy.

The general public most of whom have never been exposed to professional detailing are happy to have the dealer wash their car as it usually comes back better than it went in.

I just picked up my Stinger on Saturday and requested that the dealer not groom the car just remove the protective films etc.

I have been using glazes, sealants and wax on our other cars but I'm researching ceramic coatings now while the Stinger sits in the garage waiting!

Hopefully have on the road soon.

Staff Team 87 Rep Points spider55's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm a NO to, I have yet to wash my car an I've had it for two months. Being that I live in Arizona I don't have to worry about road grime, all's I use is McGuire's detail spray and wipe it off. I don't have the dealer vacuum my car either. When I do take my car to a dealer I tell them, NO one gets in my car that is dirty, smells like gear oil or engine oil and has dirty hands, plus don't leave the door open inside your shop. I don't want the smell of your shop inside my car.
    2019 kia Stinger GT1 Ceramic Grey
    ADD W1 V3 Oil Catch Can "PCV Side"
    Not performance, Mishimoto Carbon Radiator Cap.
    Injen Intake
    Tial BOV
    JB4 Tune
    Subframe Chassis Collar Kit
    M45iL spark Plugs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12