Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Auto-hold brakes?

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Hey. Anyone know what brake (or brakes) are employed when auto-hold is initiated?

rdromance

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R
Hey. Anyone know what brake (or brakes) are employed when auto-hold is initiated?
Same brakes that you applied.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
It electronically holds the brake pedal for you, even the rear brake lights stay lit as it would when you applied the brakes.

OP
R
Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #4
It electronically holds the brake pedal for you, even the rear brake lights stay lit as it would when you applied the brakes.
Ok. Thanks. I have a vibration hum (that I posted about previously) that occurs when the brake pedal is slowly released after a complete stop but also is present when auto-hold disengages. I?m trying to figure out where it is originating and was hoping it was just the parking brake, as that would make it easier to localize the problem.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Ok. Thanks. I have a vibration hum (that I posted about previously) that occurs when the brake pedal is slowly released after a complete stop but also is present when auto-hold disengages. I?m trying to figure out where it is originating and was hoping it was just the parking brake, as that would make it easier to localize the problem.

Any updates with customer service from Kia?

OP
R
Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #6
Any updates with customer service from Kia?
Yeah, customer service from Kia direct has been top notch! They have gone out of their way to call me and my local dealership. Car is scheduled for more service in a few days and they are going to give me a rental while the Stinger is there. I just want to make sure they actually hear the sound, as it is only is noticeable after highway driving. And of course we are supposed to have a big snowstorm the day the car is to be dropped off. I?m not super excited with the prospect of them driving it during a storm so I?m going to try and get the highway drive done before I drop it off and ask that they look at it right away.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Yeah, customer service from Kia direct has been top notch! They have gone out of their way to call me and my local dealership. Car is scheduled for more service in a few days and they are going to give me a rental while the Stinger is there. I just want to make sure they actually hear the sound, as it is only is noticeable after highway driving. And of course we are supposed to have a big snowstorm the day the car is to be dropped off. I?m not super excited with the prospect of them driving it during a storm so I?m going to try and get the highway drive done before I drop it off and ask that they look at it right away.
Hopefully it'll get resolve this time. We're also expecting snow on Thurs, wish summer would come already lol.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Someone found a tech bulletin on another Kia model. The parking brake is a small drum, not the rear disc brake, and the cable going to that drum can vibrate. The solution was a simple cable adjustment. Might be the same on the Stinger.

Please report back when the solution if found.

OP
R
Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #9
Someone found a tech bulletin on another Kia model. The parking brake is a small drum, not the rear disc brake, and the cable going to that drum can vibrate. The solution was a simple cable adjustment. Might be the same on the Stinger.

Please report back when the solution if found.
Interesting. I had found a similar bulletin for a 1999 Maxima.

OP
R
Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thread Starter #10
Update:
Dealership used the chassis-ears and after replicating the sound, they localized it to the exhaust. So now they are going to wait to hear back from Kia about what fix, if any is recommended.