Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Roush Performance to debut a 507HP Kia Stinger at the 2018 New York International Auto Show

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea

April 1, 2018 -- Earlier this morning, ROUSH Performance announced the debut of the all-new 2018 BattleHammer Stinger to much fanfare at the 2018 New York International Auto Show. To round out their fleet, ROUSH Performance pulled out all the stops and developed one of the best sedan to date. This car is set to change the way Korean sedans are looked at from here on out. At a one-of-a-kind event in Downtown New York, ROUSH Performance will raise the curtain on it's latest vehicle since launching the 710 horsepower JackHammer Mustang.

"Since I started building cars in 1978 my goal has always been to go above and beyond where anybody has been before. The Stinger is the first project we've collaborated with Kia and we're extremely excited about this new partnership.", said Jack Roush.

With over 40 years of experience in both racing and manufacturing performance vehicles, it was only a matter of time before ROUSH Performance built a sedan as comprehensive and technologically advanced as the 2018 BattleHammer Stinger.

Power
ROUSH Performance combined the reliability and potency of the 3.3-liter GDI motor with larger twin-turbochargers. The pair with recalibrated tuning produces 507 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque on 91 octane gas. Top speed is an estimated 180 mph.

"From the beginning of this project, we have always known that we wanted to create the most powerful production sedan we have ever built", said Mark Roush, V.P. of Engineering. "I can happily say that we have exceeded all expectations with great success."

Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
The 2018 BattleHammer Stinger not only outperforms every competitor in engine performance, but also outshines even the ROUSH Mustang in handling. This is because the chassis consists of an independent suspension and an enhanced version of Kia's advanced AWD system. Outfitted with ROUSH Performance coilovers, swaybars, and bushings, this setup offers complete performance and handling for both on and off the track.

A massive set of 10-piston 16-inch carbon ceramic brakes bring the car back down from supersonic speeds. "A brake setup of this caliber is the perfect fit for a ultra-high performance sedan like the BattleHammer Stinger", added Roush.

Keeping the BattleHammer Stinger planted to the road are 255/35R20 tires in the front and 275/35R20 tires in the rear. These are wrapped around a set of ROUSH Performance 20 inch 5-spoke forged wheels that are available in multiple finishes.

Design
By far the most advanced design out of ROUSH Performance, the BattleHammer Stinger combines the legacy that ROUSH Performance is known for with unconventional design elements and materials for a truly unique vehicle inside and out, top to bottom. This all-new ROUSH Performance vehicle started with finely tuned aerodynamic body components. As always, ROUSH Performance has spent considerable time optimizing lift over drag (L/D) and this vehicle is no exception. Lengthened an inch and a half in the front and almost two inches in the rear helps to increase the airfoil, thereby increasing downforce over the entire vehicle. An optional ROUSH Performance rear spoiler balances the downforce created by the front air splitter. Carbon fiber body components help to lighten the overall weight of the vehicle.

The interior is a mix of luxury and styling with black leather and suede seats accented in contrasting chevrons. A high contrast gauge cluster provides key vitals to the driver at a glance. Harking back to ROUSH Performance's racing heritage is a leather wrapped steering wheel with controls for audio and the center digital display between the gauges. Unique badging finishes off the interior that includes a dash plaque signifying year of manufacture and serial number of each vehicle.

A full set of ROUSH Performance badging and graphics will also be included to complement any one of the standard or custom paint schemes available on all ROUSH Performance vehicles. To match the beauty and refinement of such a remarkable car, ROUSH Performance has developed a new paint coating with BASF to launch with this vehicle. Hot Beach is a cross between a golden red and the hues of a setting sun to create a truly unique color that changes with the light. As with the rest of the ROUSH Performance lineup, the 2018 BattleHammer Stinger will receive a ROUSH Performance serialization and unique ROUSH Performance VIN. Each car is also hand signed by Jack Roush, ensuring it has gone through the rigorous post-production quality control process.

"This car pushes the boundaries of proportion, both functionally and aesthetically, while transforming the signature Korean sedan look into a new class of Korean Exotic", explained Robert Brown, Design Director.

The 2018 Kia BattleHammer Stinger will have a starting price of $59,214 and is available for order on roushperformance.com or by calling ROUSH Performance's Vehicle Sales Division at (800) APRIL-FOOLS.

***The article above is an April Fools' Day prank and is not factual.***

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
You guys got me good.[rofl]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Good one.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I would start saving now for that front clip... lol.. damn you!!!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hats off to whoever did the rendering, I started drooling over the hood and front end immediately. Kind of reminds me of a cross between the Nissan GT-R and Stinger.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
This is really disappointing.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
It'd be nice if aftermarket companies produced more fascia options.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Absolutely, and not something gaudy.. something like pictured above.. it looks like a fist ready to punch you in the face..

It'd be nice if aftermarket companies produced more fascia options.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Guess I should have read the comments first before reading the entire post lol.

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Am I the only on that really likes the look of the foglights?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I?d love to see those looks become a reality.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
hahah I posted this on facebook without reading it all the way through first.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
All I know is someone needs to design this hood!

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Why would you play with my emotions like this? The only thing missing from our cars is HP!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
that was mean

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
I'd say it was just a fauxscoop from a Mustang site like American Muscle. I've seen enough of them, the car I traded for my Stinger was a 2011 Mustang GT (manual) and I used to buy my parts through AM.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thank goodness we don't see members installing fauxscoop here. I used to own a 2010 Mustang and I've seen my fair share on the Stang forums.