Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Nor Cal owners check in

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Hello folks. I'm in Benicia. I saw mention of eliwu26 and Wednesday night drags at Sonoma Raceway. I'm thinking about going next Wed 9/19. Just purchased a helmet. Anyone doing track days there with their Stinger? I'm thinking about doing that as well. I did a three day open-wheel course in my former life and it was a blast. Awesome track to drive on and really I want to get back to it.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hello folks. I'm in Benicia. I saw mention of eliwu26 and Wednesday night drags at Sonoma Raceway. I'm thinking about going next Wed 9/19. Just purchased a helmet. Anyone doing track days there with their Stinger? I'm thinking about doing that as well. I did a three day open-wheel course in my former life and it was a blast. Awesome track to drive on and really I want to get back to it.
Welcome!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thank you!

FYI: I heard back from Burger Motorsports sales that JB4 is not available for sale within California due to California's emissions regulations. I will need to confirm that Lap3 and RaceChip are available.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thank you!

FYI: I heard back from Burger Motorsports sales that JB4 is not available for sale within California due to California's emissions regulations. I will need to confirm that Lap3 and RaceChip are available.
Get the Racechip.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I would love to see video if you plan on going.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Video will be a must. Thanks for the vote for RaceChip. Have you tried the other chips? Why RaceChip?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Video will be a must. Thanks for the vote for RaceChip. Have you tried the other chips? Why RaceChip?
I?m running Racechip right now, so far I?ve put 800 miles on the Stinger, couldn?t be any happier with my decision.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Anyone interested in meeting up at Sonoma Raceway on Wed Nov 14 for Wed Drag Racing? Last opportunity to drag race at the track this year. I've installed the RaceChip GTS Black and interested in comparing my 0-60 and quarter mile time as compared to stock.

I'm thinking of getting my car dyno tested to confirm that the RaceChip's config is optimized and I'm getting the expected horsepower gains. Any recommendations on shops? Equilibrium Tuning in Suisun City has pretty good reviews overall.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Anyone interested in meeting up at Sonoma Raceway on Wed Nov 14 for Wed Drag Racing? Last opportunity to drag race at the track this year. I've installed the RaceChip GTS Black and interested in comparing my 0-60 and quarter mile time as compared to stock.

I'm thinking of getting my car dyno tested to confirm that the RaceChip's config is optimized and I'm getting the expected horsepower gains. Any recommendations on shops? Equilibrium Tuning in Suisun City has pretty good reviews overall.
Equilibrium Tuning is your best bet since they have a dyno and do alot of Nissan, Mazda and Subaru tuning.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thank you!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
My Stinger is a RWD, so I don?t need the AWD dyno but the shop has good rating so hopefully they have a decent price for the testing. Based on what I?ve read it should many cost more than $100 for multiple pulls.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Wow, what can I say other then mind-blowingly fast and almost scary. Spoke with RaceChip support today and had my GTS Black chip updated to max performance. Put Octane 101 in the tank and on Race mode the car pulled so hard at 15mph that it felt like it started to swerve, but maybe I was losing traction, but accelerating so hard I didn't dare take my eyes off the road while I pulled onto the freeway. Crazy part is that I didn't even have the XLR chip enabled. With that enabled on R+ this thing would be even a wilder beast. Can't wait to see my times on the drag strip at Sonoma this Wed. Looks like the weather will hold-up therefore should be good to go. I will share my times. I think I will do one pull with Launch Control (XLR should matter for this, but I will enable it), another pull with Auto-hold on and R+ on the XLR, not sure about Traction/Stability control and then depending upon how those go, I might do a third run with the chip disabled for comparison. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please share. Needless to the say the chip will be in Race mode. I still want to get my car dynoed. I will share those results as well. I won't be surprised if I'm getting at least 400 whp, but we shall see. With as much power and torque as I feel now, I couldn't imagine any more. It's border line safe to drive as is, but what a blast. Just on the verge of insanity.

Reactions
Any dealers in the Bay Area that give great deals on Stingers? Seems like most of the great deals are out in the mid west ($41K for a new GT2 in Oklahoma for example).

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Any dealers in the Bay Area that give great deals on Stingers? Seems like most of the great deals are out in the mid west ($41K for a new GT2 in Oklahoma for example).
Have you checked the Sacramento areas?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Stevens Creek Kia and Capitol Kia in San Jose has like 20 Stingers on their lot, I'm sure they'll deal.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
You probably won't get anything like that here because different areas have different discounts. You can try going through Costco like I did for the lowest price and then haggle from there.

dL_Stinger

Reactions
It's pretty silly that all these Kia dealers in the Bay Area are sitting on brand new Stingers and not giving big discounts to move them. There are some new 2018's still on the lots..