Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger Sound System Upgrades Category?

Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
NOOB here. Hi y'all!

I've been seeing alotta audio posts on social media, is there a section here to see what everyone is doing?

Tag or link me please.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Also curious what your build goal is.

OP
Mountain Man
Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
OP
Mountain Man
Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Also curious what your build goal is.
Sound Quality with heavy bottom end.

Feeling a kick drum is requited in my vehicles. My truck has four 8" subs stashed under the rear seat which are accurate and play a wide spectrum of music styles.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I will be building a full SQ competition system starting later this summer. I have some custom drivers on their way and will be here Tuesday.. I am still deciding if I plan on doing something tastefully flashy or hide everything..

OP
Mountain Man
Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
I will be building a full SQ competition system starting later this summer. I have some custom drivers on their way and will be here Tuesday.. I am still deciding if I plan on doing something tastefully flashy or hide everything..
Let's get a section on here to share cool systems.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Let's get a section on here to share cool systems.

I'll get it added. What do you want to call the section?

OP
Mountain Man
Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
I'll get it added. What do you want to call the section?
Kia Stinger Audio Upgrades
(Simple is best. Category can cover from adding a subwoofer to entire system upgrades)

What do you think [MENTION=731]RandallK[/MENTION] ?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
maybe: Aftermarket Audio, Electronics and Radar Detectors

OP
Mountain Man
Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
maybe: Aftermarket Audio, Electronics and Radar Detectors
Good call. Those stealth radar detectors are incredible. And, where is the remote start support from aftermarket? 3 lock start would come in handy.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Working on getting the new section added.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Blue Stinger GT2
Has anyone added subs and amp to factory system? What interface is needed?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
The easiest route would probably be Line-Out Converter connected to one of the rear door speakers from the b-pillar.

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I added two 10" subs and used an AudioControl LC2i as a line level converter and base enhancement device to feed the amp. I pulled signal from the front doors to avoid any fake exhaust noise.

I highly recommend the LC2i and the remote bass adjustment knob. I end up wanting to adjust bass depending on the source, song, passengers, etc. Going through the settings, Audio, Tone, Bass is such a PITA for such a frequent adjustment.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger Gt
I added two 10" subs and used an AudioControl LC2i as a line level converter and base enhancement device to feed the amp. I pulled signal from the front doors to avoid any fake exhaust noise.

I highly recommend the LC2i and the remote bass adjustment knob. I end up wanting to adjust bass depending on the source, song, passengers, etc. Going through the settings, Audio, Tone, Bass is such a PITA for such a frequent adjustment.

I am doing the same this weekend, but was thinking rear door speakers. Are you serious about the exhaust note coming from the rear? Have the RWD GT...non-HK system. Pretty loud as-is...even the bass.

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I'm not sure about the non GT models but it has been quoted in many of the reviews how the engine noise is added through the speaker system. Some have said rear speakers some people have said the subs. I think the rear speakers would make the best sense if that's what they are doing.

Good luck on the project! Pretty easy install at least for the HK system given the amp battery and the sub location are all within 3' from one another.

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not sure if I can post pictures or not since I have so few posts but here is a link to all my pics of the install.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/billjohnn/albums/72157695223651681

Here's dimensions of the board I mounted the amp to. Disregard the note that the amp can overhang 1-1/4" at the top. I needed to mount it as low on the board as possible to clear the spare tire.

Pulling the signal from the factory amp to feed the LC2i. I initially used the auto turn on feature of the LC2i instead of a remote wire but it wouldn't turn off. So next I used an accessory power wure (blue with red stripe) from the blue stereo connector. Now I am feeding the remote line from the front drivers side fuse box with an inline switch so I can turn the amp off if I remove the speakers.

Power wire and fuse mount. There is a riser available on the left side of the battery to mount the fuse block. I just used self tapping screws.

Finished install. I used self tappers to mount the board for the amp. I used three M6 studs that were already there to mount the LC2i.

Typically I would carpet the boards and make things look pretty but, really why? it's all hidden. I figure it's functional

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Great post and project [MENTION=1047]WildBill[/MENTION].

Is your box just a standard enclosure?