Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger Sound System Upgrades Category?

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The amp, subs, and box I used were all pulled out of storage from an install 15+ years ago in a Trans-Am.
I custom made that box for the Trans-Am and am just re-using it.

1.1CF Box OD v2.PNG
I drew up this 1.1 cubic foot internal volume box as a possible custom design for the Stinger. Dimensions are based off of using 3/4" MDF.
Edit: I checked the dimensions and cut the height down from 15" to 14" to clear the hatch cover when it rotates up.
Note: with this design you add .9CF of internal volume when you add an inch onto the depth. so by adding an inch (depth at top would be 3-1/2" and the depth at the bottom would be 10-3/8) then you would be at 1.1CF + .9CF = 2CF

I'm debating on making that box or going with custom formed fiberglass boxes behind each of the rear tires similar to this.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Fiberglass-Subwoofer-Box/

It would be a lot easier to do the box behind the seat and you only really loose a couple of inches behind the seat...
Still unsure.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks [MENTION=1047]WildBill[/MENTION]

BTW can you let me know which color is the right and left channel? Is the Blue/Brown the remote wire?

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Great job [MENTION=1047]WildBill[/MENTION], this is exactly what I needed.

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
BTW can you let me know which color is the right and left channel? Is the Blue/Brown the remote wire?
Remote wire was on the blue connector and was a blue wire with what I'd call a red stripe
Speaker wires are on the red connector. I believe that Blue and red were a pair and green and orange were a pair. both are for the front speakers. (At least on the HK system)

I recommend that after you tap into the speaker wires you test each pair by touching the wires to each end of a AA battery to make sure that you have the correct speaker.

WildBill

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Pinout for the Harman Kardon amp
3DB50BF9-487D-48DE-8152-7AABE5BEA0BE.jpeg

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Great job [MENTION=1047]WildBill[/MENTION]. This is a perfect writeup as I was thinking about adding a Bazooka base tube I have from my old car.

tshing02

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2 AWD
So is it better to use the front door speakers for connection to the LOC than the sub speakers for the inputs?