Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Best Reliable Power Increase and Keeping Your Warranty With It?

Zayn

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Accord Coupe EX-L V6
Hello everyone! I have been following this forum since the Stinger hit US shores and now that I have the money for a Stinger GT I was wondering what would be the best route for the best performance setup without breaking your warranty.
Currently, I have been looking into performance chips and some exhaust work; more specifically the LAP3 and the Black GTS as well as some cat deletes for the primary and secondary cats as well as either a muffler delete or a muffler bypass valve prior to the mufflers so I can quiet down the car when need be. Some of the issues I have been seeing with more power is the need for a Catch Can as well as colder plugs, however how will this effect your warrenty? Also wanted some opionions and some advice on what you guys have done thus far to your car and how it has been handling everything done to it.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hello everyone! I have been following this forum since the Stinger hit US shores and now that I have the money for a Stinger GT I was wondering what would be the best route for the best performance setup without breaking your warranty.
Currently, I have been looking into performance chips and some exhaust work; more specifically the LAP3 and the Black GTS as well as some cat deletes for the primary and secondary cats as well as either a muffler delete or a muffler bypass valve prior to the mufflers so I can quiet down the car when need be. Some of the issues I have been seeing with more power is the need for a Catch Can as well as colder plugs, however how will this effect your warrenty? Also wanted some opionions and some advice on what you guys have done thus far to your car and how it has been handling everything done to it.
If keeping the warranty is your first priority, you have no options for any significant increase. That's the nature of this game. The more serious any failure on the car, the more extensively KIA will search for reasons to blame the owner.

So, you have to judge for yourself which items are relatively benign and unlikely to affect other systems or parts and work your way up from there. For example, a new cat-back exhaust system would be pretty difficult to blame for other engine or emissions-related problems, but then it will also provide next to nothing in performance (just a preferred sound if you like it).

You already know what many of the riskier items are...so caveat emptor. This site and another Stinger forum are the best sources of info of issues and successes with various after-market parts, so enjoy your research. You seem like the type of person who won't be an early adopter, so thank those that are because they help the rest of us learn from their experience.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
A piggy back tune is going to be your best option. Just make sure you upgrade the spark plugs.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Intake and exhaust work. Intake gains are minimal, though. A chip voids the warranty if they catch you.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Chips are going give you the most bang for your buck but can be the easiest to ruin your motor if something goes wrong. I agree with [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION], intake gains are very minimal.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Kinda like another vehicle we both owned, eh? :)
Dont remind me LOL. I even bought into the stage 2 hype to net 30whp. Shaking my fist at Matt Farah.

JAYP

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I had my 2018 GT2 RWD Dynoed before adding K&N intakes and had 9 whp gain and 9 ft lb gain along with blow off sounding goodddddd. This will not affect your warranty as it is just a air Filter. I have done this on my past 3 cars all over 100,000 miles without warranty issues