Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Badge - Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

Kia Stinger Badge - Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

• Rebadge

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Debadge

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Leave it Stock

Votes: 33 21.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
When Rebadging the rear "Stinger" badge, I used a Hole Punch on some Frog Tape, before siliconing holes. Works PERFECTLY!! No smear or residue of silicone
Can you explain what this means [puzzled]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SabzGT

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
Quick question ... if leasing the car does dealership care if you debadge / rebadge?

Xhellcat

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger- Premium
The three Kia dealerships I've spoken to have all stated they are happy to debadge or rebadge Stinger GTs on site to insure professional installation. (Kia Redding in CA, Lee Johnson Kia in WA, and Gary Lang Kia in IL)
So today I brought my Stinger to one of the 3 dealers you mention above to inquire about cost for them to rebadge my car, and they were adamant that they could not perform this service at any price. They indicated that Kia was extremely proud of their brand and badge, and they were instructed that if they rebadged my car it would void the warranty and get them in trouble. I questioned this thoroughly, including the ridiculous idea that my warranty would be voided if I rebadged my car (i.e., "so my 10/10 power train warranty would be void if I changed out the badges???"). They subsequently indicated they would service my car as they normally would if I rebadged it, but if Kia corporate heard about it there could be "issues".

Needless to say I will going elsewhere.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Can you explain what this means [puzzled]

He?s saying he covers the rear holes with green/blue masking tape then poke a hole through the tape to apply the silicone. When you pull the tape off it doesn?t get silicone on the paint

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
He?s saying he covers the rear holes with green/blue masking tape then poke a hole through the tape to apply the silicone. When you pull the tape off it doesn?t get silicone on the paint

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
KIA - Vietnam Bad Mojo

Having a car labeled KIA matching the same initials used during Vietnam, it has given me pause when a few Veterans pointed this out to me. ?Killed In Action?. I think the new Stinger looks actually fabulous. I think the logo is HORRID. Perhaps like Isuzu and Honda did with their ?Rodeo/Passport? and it can be rebadged, or unbadged. I think the Chevy logo used is horrid as well, guess that?s why you don?t see it on the back of the Corvette anymore... They have their own... As does Cadillac. Rebrand it, do something and make that steering wheel fatter and they have a contender.....

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2

Darlep

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Does the large kia script come in 1 or 2 pieces.
I'm seeing variations...if not mistaken?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
it is two pieces, but it come glued as one. Well it's not literally glued, is just held together with double side tape.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Does the large kia script come in 1 or 2 pieces.
I'm seeing variations...if not mistaken?
Yea what Rob said is correct. There's only ever been 1 version of this.

it is two pieces, but it come glued as one. Well it's not literally glued, is just held together with double side tape.
We've had a bunch of customers say the badge came in broken, but only realized its 2 separate pieces held together by the adhesive after we assured them it's supposed to be like that. I kinda wish Kia made this as a single piece, but totally understand why they didn't. Oh well.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I just posted about these, but figured it would be good to throw an update here as well...

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Would somebody post a picture of whats actually under the KIA emblems?

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Would somebody post a picture of whats actually under the KIA emblems?
Here's the backside, the front is going to have similar holes but just not as far apart.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing guys. That is so dumb they drilled holes instead of using pure 3M/whatever like EVERY OTHER AUTO MAKER lol

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
You can line up the larger STINGER logo to cover the holes.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey, I can't remember. Does the front bumper have holes or an indentation around the Kia logo? Can it be left off cleanly?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
There are holes underneath the Kia logo. No indentation. If you are removing it, be real careful and do not pull or use too much heat. Most of the time the heat during the day (in the summer) is enough to remove the emblems safely.

mfox

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
IMG_0079.jpg
The way I think the rear should be from factory!