Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Badge - Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

Kia Stinger Badge - Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

• Rebadge

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Debadge

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Leave it Stock

Votes: 33 21.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The three Kia dealerships I've spoken to have all stated they are happy to debadge or rebadge Stinger GTs on site to insure professional installation. (Kia Redding in CA, Lee Johnson Kia in WA, and Gary Lang Kia in IL)

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
The three Kia dealerships I've spoken to have all stated they are happy to debadge or rebadge Stinger GTs on site to insure professional installation. (Kia Redding in CA, Lee Johnson Kia in WA, and Gary Lang Kia in IL)
Did they say how much they would charge?

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Found and ordered the rebadge kit from ebay.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
de badging

Yes I de badged as well. Also done my wheels already but swapping my wheels out shortly anyway.
Want to do the steering wheel as well but looks a pain in the ass. I bought the badge but looks more trouble than its worth

Attachments

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Looks good Philsting

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
Has anyone seen the ?K? badges made in a high quality? I have ordered different ones in the past and they are all just ?plastic k?s? over an enamel oval piece, vs- the hard see thru plastic that the KIA is in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Silver Kia Stinger GT
Has anyone seen the ?K? badges made in a high quality? I have ordered different ones in the past and they are all just ?plastic k?s? over an enamel oval piece, vs- the hard see thru plastic that the KIA is in?

Are these too cheap looking?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States

The ones sold by K5optimastore are well made.

They got a bad batch of white carbon fiber a while back but they replaced it for free after I sent a picture of fading. Never heard of any issues with any other colors of their 3.0 K's.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
Stock.

Firemedix - Lakeland, FL

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
I just HAD to have the larger Stinger name across the back (2nd photo below). I also just ordered her custom plate!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Ok but not great. Either way, why not go with something that isn't so "Optima-ish"? There are Stinger-specific emblems either already on the market or coming out soon. You might want to hold off for a little bit before opting for those.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I just HAD to have the larger Stinger name across the back (2nd photo below). I also just ordered her custom plate!

I was just playing around on NC's license plate website. I just can't nail down exactly what I want.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #135

That's great the NC allows you to do special characters.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
I had red ones like that that faded and lost chips of paint after 1 1/2 yrs. The black and chrome paint they use on these has no protective coating over them, I was hoping there was aftermarket that had similar quality to OEM.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
These are cheap looking, as they are Chinese replicas of the authentic S. Korean 3.0 K Emblems that we sell on our site.

If you want better quality, go with the original ones, that don't have black paint and epoxy for the inside black section.

This image is also showing the old 2.0 steering wheel emblem that would not fit properly on the Stinger. We sell the 3.0 version that fits perfectly.

I had red ones like that that faded and lost chips of paint after 1 1/2 yrs. The black and chrome paint they use on these has no protective coating over them, I was hoping there was aftermarket that had similar quality to OEM.
Most likely replicas bought from eBay or Amazon coming out of China.

Here are the authentic S. Korean 3.0 K Emblems that we are the North American Distributor for, you can see from the ridiculously large amount of verified reviews as to what kind of quality they are.

There is a huge difference between the original product, and a cheap replica made and sold at a fraction of the cost.

Kia 3.0 K Logo Emblem Sets - K5 Optima Store

New Kia 3.0 K Logo Emblem Sets "Black Edition - K5 Optima Store

Both the "Chrome Edition" and "Black Edition" emblems are offered in 5 different color options and look and fit great on the Stinger.

Ok but not great. Either way, why not go with something that isn't so "Optima-ish"? There are Stinger-specific emblems either already on the market or coming out soon. You might want to hold off for a little bit before opting for those.
That design is for all Kia vehicles, not Optima models...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
These are cheap looking, as they are Chinese replicas of the authentic S. Korean 3.0 K Emblems that we sell on our site.

If you want better quality, go with the original ones, that don't have black paint and epoxy for the inside black section.

This image is also showing the old 2.0 steering wheel emblem that would not fit properly on the Stinger. We sell the 3.0 version that fits perfectly.

Most likely replicas bought from eBay or Amazon coming out of China.

Here are the authentic S. Korean 3.0 K Emblems that we are the North American Distributor for, you can see from the ridiculously large amount of verified reviews as to what kind of quality they are.

There is a huge difference between the original product, and a cheap replica made and sold at a fraction of the cost.

Kia 3.0 K Logo Emblem Sets - K5 Optima Store

New Kia 3.0 K Logo Emblem Sets "Black Edition - K5 Optima Store

Both the "Chrome Edition" and "Black Edition" emblems are offered in 5 different color options and look and fit great on the Stinger.

That design is for all Kia vehicles, not Optima models...

Archibald

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Stinger GT
When Rebadging the rear "Stinger" badge, I used a Hole Punch on some Frog Tape, before siliconing holes. Works PERFECTLY!! No smear or residue of silicone

MrMr

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
When Rebadging the rear "Stinger" badge, I used a Hole Punch on some Frog Tape, before siliconing holes. Works PERFECTLY!! No smear or residue of silicone
Brilliant idea.