Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Badge - Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

Kia Stinger Badge - Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

• Rebadge

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Debadge

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Leave it Stock

Votes: 33 21.4%

• Total voters

Kevsim

Reactions
State
CO
Country
Canada
Thanks.. and do you have both in stock?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thanks.. and do you have both in stock?
Not right now unfortunately. It's actually pretty difficult for us to get large inventories of the KDM Stinger lettering, so whatever trickles in has to split between having available for orders of standard chrome to ship right away and what can go to the customization shop to be treated and sprayed. Right now I know we're out of matte black and the last two letterings at the shop are being done in glossy black for other customers. I'll have my warehouse guy check on standard chrome availability tomorrow, but am pretty sure we're running on petrol fumes at the moment or waiting for more inventory to arrive from the Korean office. Matte generally can be done within 2 days, glossy and matte w/ clear figure 3-4 days. I will make sure we have inventory of customized badges in the future, but right now with supply being short that's tough to do.

Kevsim

Reactions
State
CO
Country
Canada
Ok thanks .. can you pm me went you get some black in stock?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I don't think it's fair to Kia that built this car to hide that fact from the public. They deserve the credit. If you are seeking status, then put a big Mercedes star on the hood or a BMW logo on the deck lid. My badges will be Kia but the "E" badges with the original Kia on the hood because they look better on the hatch lid.

I've posted my origins on this elsewhere, but back in the day, the fad was to create "sleepers" that were not DE-badged, but RE-badged cars that made them into ordinary-looking grocery haulers. The Stinger is sort-of that way with a Kia logo. The Stinger has just only been released in the U.S. in January and it will take time to earn the respect of the pony-car kids. But it will, and the Kia logo will be respected as more than just a boring econobox. JMHO.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I don't think it's fair to Kia that built this car to hide that fact from the public. They deserve the credit. If you are seeking status, then put a big Mercedes star on the hood or a BMW logo on the deck lid. My badges will be Kia but the "E" badges with the original Kia on the hood because they look better on the hatch lid.

I've posted my origins on this elsewhere, but back in the day, the fad was to create "sleepers" that were not DE-badged, but RE-badged cars that made them into ordinary-looking grocery haulers. The Stinger is sort-of that way with a Kia logo. The Stinger has just only been released in the U.S. in January and it will take time to earn the respect of the pony-car kids. But it will, and the Kia logo will be respected as more than just a boring econobox. JMHO.
I'm not rebadging as a status symbol or because I'm ashamed of owning a Kia (this is my third, after all).

I'm rebadging because the stock Kia badge is ugly as sin.

I will be replacing the rear badge with the "Stinger" script and the front with the below Kia Motors badge. So Kia will still get their credit, I won't have to explain to anyone what the "E" means, won't have anyone saying "that's a Lexus?!" in the case of the Flying K 3.0 badges, won't have the same aftermarket badges as everyone else, and most importantly my car will be modded to suit my tastes--after all, isn't that what modding is all about?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
[MENTION=408]Jcmartin11b[/MENTION], turn out great. Was it repaired under warranty right?

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
[MENTION=408]Jcmartin11b[/MENTION], turn out great. Was it repaired under warranty right?
Yup under warranty. The back is also done too. I?ll get pictures of that when I?m home tomorrow

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm not rebadging as a status symbol or because I'm ashamed of owning a Kia (this is my third, after all).

I will be replacing the rear badge with the "Stinger" script and the front with the below Kia Motors badge. So Kia will still get their credit, I won't have to explain to anyone what the "E" means, won't have anyone saying "that's a Lexus?!" in the case of the Flying K 3.0 badges, won't have the same aftermarket badges as everyone else, and most importantly my car will be modded to suit my tastes--after all, isn't that what modding is all about?

Really like that badge

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States

Where can you get that badge from?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Where can you get that badge from?

I got mine from the other Stinger forum. If you look at the bottom of any of their pages there's a link to buy badges.

I don't know if they're cheaper/more expensive than ImportShark (my work computer blocks the other stinger forum AND ImportShark's website (not cool, work computer!) ).

Both are in the U.S. Check both out and see which has the better price.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I'd like to see that on a Micro Blue if anyone gets one and installs it on said color! Thanks!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'd like to see that on a Micro Blue if anyone gets one and installs it on said color! Thanks!
When I do my emblem swap, I can see about placing the Kia-K emblem on the bumper to take a pic for you. I'm not going to use that emblem on my car (which is blue) but can hook you up with a pic if you'd like to see

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
When I do my emblem swap, I can see about placing the Kia-K emblem on the bumper to take a pic for you. I'm not going to use that emblem on my car (which is blue) but can hook you up with a pic if you'd like to see
I would appreciate that, thanks! I'm just wondering if the blue in the emblem will somehow make it look awkward. Otherwise, I'm inclined to stick to the OEM badging for now.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
When I first showed that emblem to my wife I told her how good it would look on a Micro Blue. I was trying to talk her into letting me get a MB GT, since that's the only color I could find. She didn't go for it though.

They cost $31.99 at the Kia Stinger Store.

Couldn't find them on your website, Mark.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I need to get over there!!

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
How did you get them to cover it? Looks like I'm one of the other unlucky ones. Just removed my rear badge and the paint underneath is all uneven and it took a Lyle of the paint off. Gong to try to have the dealer repaint it. Sorry for the reflection.