Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Badge - Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

Kia Stinger Badge - Rebadge, Debadge or Leave it Stock , what is your preference?

• Rebadge

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • Debadge

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Leave it Stock

Votes: 33 21.4%

• Total voters

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
That looks like a rough edge of metal???

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
Wow man that's crazy. Can you tell if it's definitely not painted under there or maybe if the adhesive on the OEM emblem is causing the paint to stick to it? If that's the case, the factory may not have allowed enough time for the paint to cure before sticking the OEM badges on.
So the badge is now off and you were correct. It pulled all the paint with it. Dealership is working with their rep to have the bumper repainted under warranty

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
So the badge is now off and you were correct. It pulled all the paint with it. Dealership is working with their rep to have the bumper repainted under warranty
Yea that's kinda what I assumed. It's great to hear that your dealership is helping out.

May I ask exactly what steps you took when initially attempting to remove the OEM emblems?

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
Heat gun and a plastic wedge. Slowly letting the wedge go behind as it heated up

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Nice and clean. Did you have the guide post holes filled and everything painted?
I just received the larger stinger badge that comes on the European models. Can anyone confirm what holes (if any) are behind the KIA badge on the rear trunk? I am not very interested in filling holes and having the panel repainted. Anyone have some insight as to what is behind the KIA badge?

Thanks.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I just received the larger stinger badge that comes on the European models. Can anyone confirm what holes (if any) are behind the KIA badge on the rear trunk? I am not very interested in filling holes and having the panel repainted. Anyone have some insight as to what is behind the KIA badge?

Thanks.
There are two guide post holes on the backside IMG_9836.jpg .

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks [MENTION=339]Mike@ImportShark[/MENTION], that is exactly what I was looking... but NOT really wanting to hear. Ugh.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thanks [MENTION=339]Mike@ImportShark[/MENTION], that is exactly what I was looking... but NOT really wanting to hear. Ugh.
From what I've seen, as long as you're extremely careful lining up the Stinger lettering, it will just barely cover the guide post holes. I'd suggest taping over those from the outside and using some silicone on the backside to seal it before doing that.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
From what I've seen, as long as you're extremely careful lining up the Stinger lettering, it will just barely cover the guide post holes. I'd suggest taping over those from the outside and using some silicone on the backside to seal it before doing that.
Thanks [MENTION=339]Mike@ImportShark[/MENTION] (again) for the suggestion. I'll take a crack at removing the Kia badge and make a decision once I see what I'm working with. Your tip has inspired me to give it a shot!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
In Europe we dont heave this larger stinger bagade.
And we got that holes too.
Just search in YouTube, some americans change it an give you some tips to change.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thank you [MENTION=293]Slowy[/MENTION]. I guess it is the Asia models that have it. Back in Oct/Nov we had some "demo" models here in the US to look at but could not drive. They had the larger Stinger lettering on the back and the local rep thought those unit were destined for Europe.

I'll take a look on YouTube.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Only the Korean model has the Stinger lettering. The floor models that are still in some showrooms are the Korean models.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Anybody know a good place to buy the large "Stinger" lettering?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Heat gun and a plastic wedge. Slowly letting the wedge go behind as it heated up
There's a chance that you might have pulled some of that paint up with the heat and wedge?

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Hi! 1st time posting. :) Has anyone played around with creating an oval "Kia badge, but with the font style employed by the "Stinger script? I think that would be pretty cool...