Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How to install Factory Wireless Charger on your Stinger

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #21
Yes I did. I also tried using it with Android auto and it was at 100% after I was donde driving. [biggrin]

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Can you charge more than one phone at a time?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
If all the missing features are still hidden in there, I wonder if the 360 camera can easily be added too.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
When you say you tested it with Android Auto? Was it plugged in via USB? I'm just thinking as to which charging path it would take if it were connected via USB.

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #27
When you say you tested it with Android Auto? Was it plugged in via USB? I'm just thinking as to which charging path it would take if it were connected via USB.
Correct, in order for Android auto to work you need to connect the phone via USB to the infotainment system. The USB port cannot provide enough power to charge the phone while using Android Auto, it has enough power only to maintain the charge. Hence why the wireless charging feature comes in handy, you can charge the phone while using AA.[rockon]

KoolStar

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Does anyone happen to have the actual OEM part number for the aluminum Console Cover & Wireless Charging Pad as a single item. I have a Costco 50% off offer that my dealer is letting me use to order parts and they asked me what the part no. was.

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #31
Thanks but I was looking for the actual part no. so I could use the 50% off from the dealer.
I don't think dealers here will be able to get the KDM parts for you.
KIA korea is trying to restrict the amount of Korean only parts for the Stinger that float out of their home market. Hence why there are such big delays on getting KDM parts when bought from ebay. Also dealers got into a bit of trouble a few months back for offering to swap the USDM emblems for the KDM ones.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this. Just did mine and I love it. This write up helped tremendously!

Last edited:
OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country