Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Issue starting car

Johndean

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Quick question. This has only happened a few times. After getting in the car I put the foot on the brake and it feels hard and does not feel like normal. The car won?t start. This morning it took 4 goes to get the car started. Thought it might have been the steering lock but did not change anything twisting the wheel. Pressed the button a few times with the foot off the break and it resolved. Also only has occurred first thing in the morning after being parked overnight. Any ideas.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
When you push the start button does the aux system turn on?

OP
J

Johndean

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #3
From memory when I take my foot off the brake it goes into testing car mode.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Quick question. This has only happened a few times. After getting in the car I put the foot on the brake and it feels hard and does not feel like normal. The car won?t start. This morning it took 4 goes to get the car started. Thought it might have been the steering lock but did not change anything twisting the wheel. Pressed the button a few times with the foot off the break and it resolved. Also only has occurred first thing in the morning after being parked overnight. Any ideas.
Sounds like it could be a faulty brake switch.

I remember on my Optima, I can always override that by turning the ignition to the on position (green light) then hold down the push button again for about 10-15 seconds.