Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger at Cars and Coffee

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Now I can officially say it looks great even in white.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
The design is so great that it looks good in any color.[hihi]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I have always thought it looked good in white. Until I saw it in the dark gray metallic it was my first choice (of course they had only released 3 or 4 colors to that point: white, red, blue, and then yellow). The gray will be more difficult to keep it clean, but it just looks so good. If I see it in person and change my mind for some reason, then white will most likely get my $$. Silver is the only other option but have not seen a picture of the silver yet; if it is like the light silver metallic they have done on some of their vehicles in the past then it will work. Most likely though it will be a more traditional silver since they have the gray metallic.

The Yellow is fantastic but I don't think I could bring myself to look at that color daily for the next 10 years.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
There is only ONE design flaw with this car, the grill.. Look at the Kia soul grill side by side to the Stinger (you'll see what I'm talking about). It is the ONLY complaint I have with it.

https://goo.gl/images/hvt1aj

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I think that's Kia's design theme is to have those kidney shaped grills.

There is only ONE design flaw with this car, the grill.. Look at the Kia soul grill side by side to the Stinger (you'll see what I'm talking about). It is the ONLY complaint I have with it.

https://goo.gl/images/hvt1aj

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I think that's Kia's design theme is to have those kidney shaped grills.
I can understand that to a point. However, look at the chevy cars and their grills. The Traverse, the Equinox, the Cruze, they all have very similar front fascia's. Now look at the Vette, there is zero resemblance. I am by no means relating this car to the caliber of a Vette but, there is a distinction between the mainstream family cars and the top-of-the-line Chevy. I think they shouldn't done a bit of change from the mainstream Kia's to the Stinger.

Regardless, it's a beautiful car that I will be noting until it drops in showrooms.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I agree with your point, I remember reading somewhere where Kia mentioned they are aiming to compete more with BMW and Audi. And if you look at both BMW and Audi you can see a lot of family resemblance between their top tier and entry level models.

I can understand that to a point. However, look at the chevy cars and their grills. The Traverse, the Equinox, the Cruze, they all have very similar front fascia's. Now look at the Vette, there is zero resemblance. I am by no means relating this car to the caliber of a Vette but, there is a distinction between the mainstream family cars and the top-of-the-line Chevy. I think they shouldn't done a bit of change from the mainstream Kia's to the Stinger.

Regardless, it's a beautiful car that I will be noting until it drops in showrooms.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I agree with your point, I remember reading somewhere where Kia mentioned they are aiming to compete more with BMW and Audi. And if you look at both BMW and Audi you can see a lot of family resemblance between their top tier and entry level models.
I'm sure it won't turn anyone off. That white sure is easy on the eyes ^^