Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Do any of you feel that the Quantum Logix or the ClariFi systems make a difference?

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
One area I've been a bit disappointed in with the Stinger is audio. I have a large high quality FLAC library that I put on a USB stick and play as my primary source of music. So the files are not bluetooth or Google Music level MP3s. They're far higher quality, and I noticed that in a big way in the Fender system in my previous car (Golf T).

With the Stinger, the system is good, not great, and I don't hear any difference in quality with these higher quality files. I also can't tell much of a difference between when ClariFi is on or off. While I definitely notice the difference between regular, Quantum Logix Audience and Quantum Logix Stage, I don't feel that either or these modes improve the sound. They create interesting effects, but not ones that are preferable to stock.

Anyone else find the same, or differently?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mdwallace

Reactions
State
ME
Country
United States
Have not evaluated it based on file quality. Streaming from Google play I was happy with the TRON legacy soundtrack. I noticed a pleasant experiance shifting the sound focus to just behind the driver's right shoulder, my preference.

Would love some room EQ evaualtions or frequency response takes on the HK system... I was looking for a bit more low/mid punch.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Since I mainly stream music I haven't really taken full advantage of the CLARI?FI. So far I've really enjoyed the QuantumLogic.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
I hear a very noticeable difference when I have Clari-Fi on-vs-off. I have experimented with several genres of music also, as I wanted to hear the difference it made with rock-vs-classical-vs-electronic, and in each case the difference was significant. The Logix processing also in my experience creates a very different sound. On some more electronically complex music the Logix isn?t compatible, in those cases I turn it off, but I do find it does add much in the way of overall clarity, but it also helps define the instruments and vocals from one another, which is a sound I enjoy. One thing to check, the system does have a bug in that the fader will move 100% rear. The first time this happened to me, it took me a couple of days to notice, as it sounded ok, but not as good as it should have... I finally checked the fader on a hunch and found it was all the way to the rear, that has happened several times, and others as well. Check you fader, you may get a higher quality increase just from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
I hear a very noticeable difference when I have Clari-Fi on-vs-off. I have experimented with several genres of music also, as I wanted to hear the difference it made with rock-vs-classical-vs-electronic, and in each case the difference was significant. The Logix processing also in my experience creates a very different sound. On some more electronically complex music the Logix isn?t compatible, in those cases I turn it off, but I do find it does add much in the way of overall clarity, but it also helps define the instruments and vocals from one another, which is a sound I enjoy. One thing to check, the system does have a bug in that the fader will move 100% rear. The first time this happened to me, it took me a couple of days to notice, as it sounded ok, but not as good as it should have... I finally checked the fader on a hunch and found it was all the way to the rear, that has happened several times, and others as well. Check you fader, you may get a higher quality increase just from that.

Thanks. I'll check for that. Maybe that would explain why it doesn't sound overwhelmingly good for me.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Gotta love this forum! When I was setting everything up I hadn?t scrolled down far enough to even notice that those two options existed. I?ve played with them a bit and think overall it makes it sound better. Thanks for sharing I appreciate it very much.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
One area I've been a bit disappointed in with the Stinger is audio. I have a large high quality FLAC library that I put on a USB stick and play as my primary source of music. So the files are not bluetooth or Google Music level MP3s. They're far higher quality, and I noticed that in a big way in the Fender system in my previous car (Golf T).

With the Stinger, the system is good, not great, and I don't hear any difference in quality with these higher quality files. I also can't tell much of a difference between when ClariFi is on or off. While I definitely notice the difference between regular, Quantum Logix Audience and Quantum Logix Stage, I don't feel that either or these modes improve the sound. They create interesting effects, but not ones that are preferable to stock.

Anyone else find the same, or differently?

Cheers

ClariFi is designed to improve crap quality MP3s and radio signals. If you are using top-quality FLAC files it should make zero difference because you already have a "perfect" source.

Haven't played with the Quantum Logix yet, but in every other similar system I have used the original sound quality is deteriorated. I turn all that stuff off and use as pure and neutral a settings as possible. Like you, I only use FLAC/lossless files. The people who recorded them knew better than me how to produce music and balance the sound. Any changes I impose with an equalizer or other audio fiddling just moves things away from what the artists and sound engineers intended. No need to do that for me.

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
ClariFi is designed to improve crap quality MP3s and radio signals. If you are using top-quality FLAC files it should make zero difference because you already have a "perfect" source.

Haven't played with the Quantum Logix yet, but in every other similar system I have used the original sound quality is deteriorated. I turn all that stuff off and use as pure and neutral a settings as possible. Like you, I only use FLAC/lossless files. The people who recorded them knew better than me how to produce music and balance the sound. Any changes I impose with an equalizer or other audio fiddling just moves things away from what the artists and sound engineers intended. No need to do that for me.
Thanks Marc. That makes a ton of sense.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Quantum widens the sound stage by moving aspects of the music to the various speakers to give the impression of surround - it is also a little wonky in my car. Weird fading etc... I turned it off

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
So Marc Collins was spot on. The issue was that the fader was set most of the way to the rear. Is there a fix for this issue yet folks? I'm very happy with the sound now at least. Just a pain to have to change the fader settings every time I start the car.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
No fader fix that I have been able to find. It seems to be intermittent, at least in my experience. Very frustrating.

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
No fader fix that I have been able to find. It seems to be intermittent, at least in my experience. Very frustrating.
Just to add to this issue regarding the fader issue......we also have a 2019 Sorento with the "standard" audio system. We have the see the exact same issue in the Sorento. Had the SUV for about 7 months and it has happened at least 4 or 5 times.