Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Burger Motorsports JB4 Discussion Thread

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Just installed my JB4 and plugs. Just have it on the default map1 and in sport mode. OMG!!!! So glad I did this.

Reactions
Just installed my JB4 and plugs. Just have it on the default map1 and in sport mode. OMG!!!! So glad I did this.
Hey there - new to the forum and will be getting into a stinger GT2 AWD soon! I wanted to see if you had any updates on how your car has held up with the JB4 since April? Thank you!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Hey there - new to the forum and will be getting into a stinger GT2 AWD soon! I wanted to see if you had any updates on how your car has held up with the JB4 since April? Thank you!
No problems at all. I have been running map 2 since installation with 93 octane in the tank. Being RWD, traction issues in gears 1 and 2 are more pronounced and can only be solved by adding wider rubber but that’s to be expected. For mods, all I have done are Denso plugs gapped to .022 and an Agency cold air intake.

Even if you plan to remain stock other than a JB4, I would recommend this.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm with hoserama, I haven't had any issues with my JB4 since I've installed it, plus I'm on map2 with HKS plugs. Being that mine is RWD to traction is an issue.

Welcome to the forums Stinger805

Reactions
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
I purchased the JB4 and wireless smartphone kit which arrived today. I did not know I have to spend another $27.99 for the app!?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
The app was developed by a third party not by BMS that why you have to pay the 27.99.

Reactions
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Got you. Thanks

Reactions
Hey Guys, So i have had my JB4 tuner on the car for about a week now. I got the Denso plugs, gapped them to .024..and on map 1 the car run great. But on map 2, Im getting a weird low sounding muted pop when coming to a stop and when I first start the car in the mornings when its reving high as it warms up. Other than the plugs and the Jb4 the car is stock, OB2 is plugged in fully as are the fuel wires. Im am and I always run 93 in the tank..Any thoughts. Also map 1 feels a little more even on power delivery, where map 2 has more power, but just not as even in its delivery...thanks for any thoughts....

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hey Guys, So i have had my JB4 tuner on the car for about a week now. I got the Denso plugs, gapped them to .024..and on map 1 the car run great. But on map 2, Im getting a weird low sounding muted pop when coming to a stop and when I first start the car in the mornings when its reving high as it warms up. Other than the plugs and the Jb4 the car is stock, OB2 is plugged in fully as are the fuel wires. Im am and I always run 93 in the tank..Any thoughts. Also map 1 feels a little more even on power delivery, where map 2 has more power, but just not as even in its delivery...thanks for any thoughts....
Does the pop only happens on map 2?

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I’ve only ever run map 2 and never had that issue, you upgraded the firmware? Reached out to Terry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I was going to post the same thing @Chris71 said. Maybe reach out to Terry or update the firmware.

Reactions
I was going to post the same thing @Chris71 said. Maybe reach out to Terry or update the firmware.
I have the latest Firmware, its 11.3v I believe. I havent reached out to Terry yet. He looked at my log for map one, even though i didnt get that chance to do it at WOT he said it looked good. I havent had the chance to make a log on map 2 yet, and the weather wont be good around here for another day or so before I can...

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I’ve screwed up enough things and I know a lot of sounds the car shouldn’t make lol, maybe upload the noise to YouTube so we can take a listen?

Reactions
I’ve screwed up enough things and I know a lot of sounds the car shouldn’t make lol, maybe upload the noise to YouTube so we can take a listen?

Hey just noticed your in my neck of the woods, we should meet up sometime....

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Dude yes, that would be fun!