Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Burger Motorsports JB4 Discussion Thread

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Too much psi. I took my tune off for warranty work. I'm just waiting for the coils to come in then I'm going to tighten the gap on spark plugs. They had cars that is doing thr same problem without the tune on it.
"Without the tune on it" because the owner said "I haven't modded my Stinger at all. Nope. Nothing. Not anything. No chip....." LOL

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
"Without the tune on it" because the owner said "I haven't modded my Stinger at all. Nope. Nothing. Not anything. No chip....." LOL
I would have done that because the only Burger I know comes with cheese and fries LOL.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I was talking to kia a few days ago and they are investigating it they are thinking the coil is the main problem to the misfire issue when in high rpm.
These misfires/spark/coil issues/whatever you want to call it aren't caused by faulty manufacturing on Kia's part. It's caused by us installing aftermarket tunes that the stock plugs aren't designed to handle.

The only reason Kia is investigating it (which I'm not sure is true since I've received the opposite response from them) is because when people have problems with their plugs they refrain from providing Kia with the complete picture.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Try driving it in sport mode. on my it happen when I'm in boost does not matter what mode I'm in.
Looks like I jumped the gun about not having misfires after removing the tune. It happened yesterday while I was merging on the highway. Going to call the dealer tomorrow.[hihi]

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
Time to take it in. I know the coils are on back order.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
As a new member, I find it shocking to see all these Stingers going through cracked plugs and bad coils from a tuning. Are all these companies rushing to market and not doing enough testing?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Time to take it in. I know the coils are on back order.
Are dealers just replacing these bad coils and plugs no questions asked? I'm just worried at some point Kia is going to be snooping around on the forums and start rejecting all the warranty repairs.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
Are dealers just replacing these bad coils and plugs no questions asked? I'm just worried at some point Kia is going to be snooping around on the forums and start rejecting all the warranty repairs.
It depend. If you leave the tune in thr car and the tech see it then you out od luck. If they can find the piggyback then your good.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
As a new member, I find it shocking to see all these Stingers going through cracked plugs and bad coils from a tuning. Are all these companies rushing to market and not doing enough testing?
Hey [MENTION=789]DodgetoKia[/MENTION]! Welcome to the forum!

When it comes to these cracked plugs, it's ONLY happening with the guys that are riding the piggyback chips. No one that has left their cars factory is having the issue. So, the coils and plugs aren't a problem. It's kind of like taking an experimental drug that causes you to have a stroke. LOL It's not your hearts fault that you took the drug.

At some point, I fear the same thing. I fear that some of the engineer's out there are going to try to keep an eye on who is chipping their car and who's trying to claim "bad coils". Only time will tell....

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
Was told about two weeks backorder on the coil..does that sound right?
It could be long. My other 4 wont land state side till the 9th of next month.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I've only put a few miles on it since installing, on the default map, and there is a very noticeable difference.

[MENTION=187]winningGT[/MENTION] any long term update?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
It's been a couple weeks on map 1. A lot of sport mode, hard driving, and the car has been amazing. It just pulls hard! Only thing I haven't tried is launch control. I have the tork motorsports intake being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping to regap the spark plugs and try map 2 after that.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
It's been a couple weeks on map 1. A lot of sport mode, hard driving, and the car has been amazing. It just pulls hard! Only thing I haven't tried is launch control. I have the tork motorsports intake being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping to regap the spark plugs and try map 2 after that.
Thanks for that, odd how some are affected and some are not. Are you using 93 octane?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Yea, 93 octane from top tier gas stations since day 1. I ran 4 or 5 tanks of 93 through my engine before putting on the JB4.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Yea, 93 octane from top tier gas stations since day 1. I ran 4 or 5 tanks of 93 through my engine before putting on the JB4.
Thanks again, keep us posted on map 2.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thanks for that, odd how some are affected and some are not. Are you using 93 octane?
Yea that's kind of crazy. I ran it on map 1 with 93 octane for a hundred or so miles and didn't have any problems. Others running 93 octane (on the other forum) have had issues. Its a strange phenomenon.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger gt
Can someone post picture of the user setting I can some stuff on there and want to put it back to default mode. On map 1 and map 2. Thank you very much

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Can someone post picture of the user setting I can some stuff on there and want to put it back to default mode. On map 1 and map 2. Thank you very much
I'm going to be re-gapping my plugs tonight. If I mess around with the app I'll snap a pic for you.